Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm browsing classifieds far and wide for a deal on a 2013 CBR600RR Repsol and want to make sure I get one that came off the line that way. I've done some research and haven't seen anything about the VIN being able to determine such a thing like on the 1000RRs. All I've come across was the color of the frame aside from the wheels of course. Are there any other signs?

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
The VIN will tell you. I had to tell Honda my VIN when I ordered replacement fairings. If the graphics are decals and not painted or clear coated over it is factory. All the aftermarket shops either paint the design or clear over all it if it's a mixture of paint/decal, Honda doesn't. The frame is a big giveaway as well, not many people are going to strip that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got some photos of a potential purchase and just as shinfo had mentioned, the decals/graphics don't look clear coated over (which is a sign that they are OEM?). Just wanna double check. I've included the photos for reference. I don't know what to make of the second photos especially. Is that how OEM fairings look?

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
I got some photos of a potential purchase and just as shinfo had mentioned, the decals/graphics don't look clear coated over (which is a sign that they are OEM?). Just wanna double check. I've included the photos for reference. I don't know what to make of the second photos especially. Is that how OEM fairings look?

Well that doesn't look right to me. Color is way off and in the middle photo, I don't know what the dark blue decal is that looks wrinkled. Also don't know what those red pieces of tape are there for. The 13 Repsol only has a VERY small dark blue decal on the side of the upper front fairing. Also is the clutch lever scraping the edge of the the fairing?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: So I picked up my Repsol on Tuesday :grin2:
I was already sure it was a real Repsol with your guys' help. Just to be 101% sure, I went to my local authorized Honda Powersports dealer, gave them the VIN, and they confirmed with some sort of special Honda website for dealers that it was in fact a factory Repsol. It showed something like "HONDA CBR600RR REP". Well here she is. Thanks guys! Shoutout to Shinfo for PMing me to help a brotha out.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Update: So I picked up my Repsol on Tuesday :grin2:
I was already sure it was a real Repsol with your guys' help. Just to be 101% sure, I went to my local authorized Honda Powersports dealer, gave them the VIN, and they confirmed with some sort of special Honda website for dealers that it was in fact a factory Repsol. It showed something like "HONDA CBR600RR REP". Well here she is. Thanks guys! Shoutout to Shinfo for PMing me to help a brotha out.

Hell you should've posted that photo to begin with and we could've easily told you it was legit lol. Congrats brother looks sick:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts