1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wtf? doesn't Microsoft test their ish before they send it out to the masses? I'd be pissed.
pretty sure they dont lol. This morn before I left for most of the day I counted back 5 pages on the Xbox forums of nothing but threads with XB1 launch system issues and everyone posting in all of those threads is either having the same issue or something else going wrong w/ it. Granted the PS4 launch systems and some problems as well but they appear to be much more isolated and far fewer overall problems then what we are seeing w/ the XB1. So far this is what Ive read.

1. Stuck at the green screen of death.

2. Disc drive makes a horrid noise when a disc is inserted and wont play it.

3. Discs get stuck in the system.

5. XB1 does not recognize that the kinect is connected.

6. Gets stuck doing the update out of the box.

7. System wont turn on.

8. Power brick does not work.

9. Blank screen when the system is started.

And best of all....we have yet to see all the problems people are going to have with the Kinect 2. Things like how the voice recognition does not work as people were led to believe it does ( The demo at E3 was not a live demo, he had a clicker in his pocket for when he gave *voice commands* for the XB1).

I hope this puts the nail in the coffin for M$ as a game company. I hate M$ as a company in general and I hate them more as a game company. I think they are bad for the industry and I would rather see another console maker step up and be a major player and take their place. Sony is going to dominate this console war due to the sad sales of the Wii U and the ever growing problems w/ the XB1. They really needed a problem free launch to wash the taste of the RROD out of gamers mouths but this is just opening an old wound.

·
Registered
790 Posts
This is the reason I retired early from the IT business. Nothing and I mean nothing is thoroughly tested these days and that goes for OS and applications. They get it "working" and then let the public be the testers which explains all the constant updates that come out just weeks after the release. I am out of that business and will never look back. Early retirement was the best decision of my 30 year career supporting computers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the reason I retired early from the IT business. Nothing and I mean nothing is thoroughly tested these days and that goes for OS and applications. They get it "working" and then let the public be the testers which explains all the constant updates that come out just weeks after the release. I am out of that business and will never look back. Early retirement was the best decision of my 30 year career supporting computers.

That appears to be very accurate. BF4 was a very buggy game when it was released. Seems to be that anything that is centered around "online" play is never fully vetted before released to the public. I was quite happy though that there has not been a lot of issues w/ the PSN since the launch of the PS4, except for a few hrs after it was released its been relatively problem free.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So did anyone pick up the ps4 or Xbox? Lol I'm waiting until next year... At my local indoor outlet. People really buying Xbox for $800 smh

I got a PS4 on day one its been 100% error and problem free. Ive always had excellent luck w/ consoles.

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
M$ has a huge up hill climb b/c of two big issues.

1. The base was already upset b/c of the whole DRM issue. Even though it was all removed it still turned off a lot of gamers in general.

2. They needed an error free launch to put faith back in their system to make up for the days of the RROD w/ the 360 and to reinsure their customers that they had made the right choice w/ going with the XB1 but instead the problems that have come up are numerous. Its not one single RROD issue like w/ the 360 but a basket full of problems that people are having.

The PS4 had a pretty much uneventful launch as far as wide spread problems. Some issues getting on PS4 for the first few hrs but after that its been smooth sailing. So once again a M$ system is showing reliability issues, the camera that no one wanted does not work as it should a far as the system even knowing its there and they have a system that is $100 more then the PS4 and they are already behind the 8 ball and I dont see things drastically improving at all.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hey venom, I've been kinda outa the loop as far as console gaming goes. Can you elaborate a little on the DRM and RROD issues?

I don't even know what those two acronyms stand for, let alone the issues involved but I'm interested to find out because I'm thinking about getting one of the new consoles for Christmas. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Hey venom, I've been kinda outa the loop as far as console gaming goes. Can you elaborate a little on the DRM and RROD issues?

I don't even know what those two acronyms stand for, let alone the issues involved but I'm interested to find out because I'm thinking about getting one of the new consoles for Christmas. Thanks in advance.
RROD= Red Ring Of Death. It was what plagued the 360. I belive it was 2 out of 3 systems experienced it (not for sure on that though).

DRM was the restrictions Microsoft was putting on games. Making it impossible to trade them in or let your friends borrow them. It started a uproar in the gaming community and really lost xbone a lot of potential new buyers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^^

That pretty much sums it up. M$ announced their DRM policys at E3 In June and 4 weeks later reversed all of it due to the lack luster pre order sales of the Xbox one and tried to spin it as though they were doing it all for the gamers, yah ok jerk everyone off a little more. The only reason they reversed it was b/c it was hitting their wallet. If they gave a **** about the gamers in general they never would have put those policys in place.

Also made it so your system had to check in online once a day and if it did not you were not able to play even offline games, you pretty much had a brick. Games that were no longer allowed to be traded meaning a game was locked to your system and would not work on any other one. They were going to set up M$ retailers ( probably Gamestop / Best Buy ) where you could take your game and sell it there and that game would then be scrubbed from your system and be labeled as no longer as owned. Then M$ was going to get a cut on the resale of the game when it went to someone else which would then have made the price of used games go up. Essentially you never really would have owned your games anymore you were pretty much just buying the licence agreement to play it.

One thing M$ has not backed down on is needing the Kenict connected in order to play games. Kinda sucks for those who have having kenict issues and the system is not recognizing it lol

The RROD was an over heating issue that plagued a lot of the 360's at launch and for a long time after. Reports have ranged from 15-30% of 360's having this problem and some reports have put it as higher.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
I have Wii, X-Box 360 and PS3. *shrugs* why have to choose? I'll be grabbing the new ones right after the new year.

I guess brand loyalty is "cool" if you can't have all of them. Threads like this make me LOL, like, for reals.

Hey, isn't that new xbox a GIXXER?????

·
Maynard
7,078 Posts
I have Wii, X-Box 360 and PS3. *shrugs* why have to choose? I'll be grabbing the new ones right after the new year.

I guess brand loyalty is "cool" if you can't have all of them. Threads like this make me LOL, like, for reals.

Hey, isn't that new xbox a GIXXER?????
I got all 3 as well... because of exclusives. but I never play the wii unless I got friends over

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 60 Posts