Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my bike over the dealer to get it inspected a little over a month and half ago. Everything on my bike passed the inspection except not having a rear light over my plate. Time went by and I got caught up in other things such as school, family life and so on. When I finally finished either thing i needed to get done, I fixed the light problem and brought it back to the dealer. They told me that they were filled up for awhile and to try this other place down the street that also does inspections. I dropped my bike off at this other place down the street and got a call a few days later. It turns out that my rear brakes failed to pass inspection. Now during the time that I first got the bike inspected till now I put about 400 miles on the bike. Looking back at the first inspection paper this is what it said about my brakes:

Linings/pads: RF 4/32 LF 4/32 Rr 3/32
Drums/discs RF .175 LF .174 Rr 1.92
Discard .137 .137 .157

So atleast with this standard my bike passed. Is it possible for the rear brake to loose that much padding in 400 miles when all ive been doing is city ridding?
Also, if its not too much trouble....replacing the rear pad myself...any links to help me out?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
1) Why would you drop your bike off for a few days to get an inspection with people you don't know? How long does an inspection like that take?

2) They're full of $h!t!! Your brkae pads should last ATLEAST 5k miles. I put somewhere around 15k miles on my rear brakes before needed to replace them. I'm still running the fronts.

3) Go get your bike and make sure they didn't swap parts on you. This smells like a scam!

How many total miles are on the bike?

NEVER leave your bike with someone you don't know. If they can't do the work right then and there, go find someone esle or make an appointment.

·
Registered
513 Posts
NEVER leave your bike with someone you don't know.

wow , uhm , paranoid much ? do you want a soda?hmm? some ice cream?hmm? i leave mine with people i don't know all the time , like in a parking spot . where i can't see it . it's a bike . not a child .

rear pads are a cinch to replace , and cheap .

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
chrisNH said:
Inspections take less than 5 mins, who knows what they were doing with it for days, maybe even swapped your pads?
That was my point. And yes I am overly protective of my bike and my child. They're both my responsibility and no one will take care of them like I will.

·
Registered
513 Posts
not stepping on your shoes NewRed , i just treat mine like the red headed step child she is! ( the bike , of course) correction , the yellow headed step child .

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Crap did i write days, i ment hours. I kinda know who these people are. They did some work on my other bike I had, but that was awhile ago. I just never knew they did inspections. But I guess I'll go pick up my bike and take a look for my self. So yeah it wasnt days, it was hours. I left it there over night because I had to go to work. Ill get it today when I get done.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
mines failed because of rear brakes. went to the dealer and bought new ones and had a buddy put 'em on for me. didnt take too long to do

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
r6beater said:
NEVER leave your bike with someone you don't know.

wow , uhm , paranoid much ? do you want a soda?hmm? some ice cream?hmm? i leave mine with people i don't know all the time , like in a parking spot . where i can't see it . it's a bike . not a child .

rear pads are a cinch to replace , and cheap .
my bike might as well be my child

1 - 10 of 10 Posts