Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wats up everyone, I am a new rider just bought a 2007 honda cbr 600rr. Went to take my permit test this week and failed. I read the hole book and still.failed it seemed like.nothing I studied was on the test. I have to wait 7 days before taking the test again so I've been taking practice tests online. I wanted to no if u all have any pointers for me thank you

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
uh, any idea what questions you missed?

every one of the permit here in arizona were common sense road law questions ...

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
uh, any idea what questions you missed?

every one of the permit here in arizona were common sense road law questions ...

Same in IL, i didnt even read the book....but the damn road course was hard!

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I read the hole book and still.failed it seemed like.nothing I studied was on the test. =

Seems like the problem is your book has a hole in it. You should've read the whole book instead of one with a hole in it...

Seriously though, did it give you what questions you missed? In Ohio it was basic road laws and common sense items as well.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Same in IL, i didnt even read the book....but the damn road course was hard!

yes, the road test is a bit tricky on a sport bike

·
Registered
171 Posts
I took the MSF course on a Suzuki 250. I can't imagine doing those slow speed maneuvers on the 600rr.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Based on your grammar, punctuation, and basic knowledge of the English language, I find it hard to believe that you failed the test because it was tough. I wonder instead if you have reading and comprehension difficulties. Could this be the case, instead?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I took the MSF course on a Suzuki 250. I can't imagine doing those slow speed maneuvers on the 600rr.
It is hard but def do-able. i had many friends tell me it was impossible and offer me their 250's or other bikes to take the test on. I refused, i figured if im gonna be riding the RR i should take the test on it. Failed the cones the first time (hardest part IMO) but the second time passed pretty easily.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm not going to pick on your grammar or language skills since I'm a non-native myself. However, I will say that I also failed the first time, not because the questions were tough, but because I didn't read the handbook seriously enough and make sure I understood the content completely. I thought I already knew enough (having been a driver for so long) and could wing it.

I was wrong. Just study the book and make sure you are familiar with the content. You will be fine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The advanced course is the same stuff but on your own bike. Definitely worth taking.
I agree whole-heartedly!

There is also a Sport Bike Riders Course, it's pretty good also!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
in the uk there are dvds you can buy which are like mock tests, basically all the questions that are on the real bike test. dont you guys have these in the US. i litterally bought it 7 days before my test, i went thru the mock tests on the dvd a couple of times a night. coz i was doing the mock ones for the previous 7 days, come the real one it was all still in my head. ask me to do one right now though i`d prob fail like lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Did you drop the bike when you failed, or were you able to keep the bike upright?

Good for you.
I kept the bike upright. i was on my brand new 09 600rr so i put my foot down twice. there was Noooo way i was going to allow myself to drop that haha. I did however see a few guys on harleys go down... (i chuckled a little bit after i passed)

I mean how mad would you be? all that damage just becasue "you cant put a foot down"

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
That sux you have to wait 7 days to take it again. See if you testing station has the book you need and read it front to back and go pass.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts