Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST KIDDING! Anyways... I didn't do as great as I wanted to... got 3 points on the riding portion. (Stupid figure 8)

100% on the written part.. but the written part is a joke.. so no bragging can come from that.

The only cool part is that on the last portion of the evaluation, they make you do the curve. Well when everyone was done, one of the instructors came up to me and said that he was highly impressed with how I took the turn and how fast I did it. He told me that about 3x, man did my chest swell up w/ pride..

The instructors were bad ass...

Tommorow, get my license and bike.. hooray for MSF!

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
Nice Job Buddy ......be Safe Out There

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.. don't worry.. I shall be pretty conservative the first couple of monthes. And gear is a must.. .even when the MSF instructors told us just to bring long sleeve shirts.. I still wore my ICON leather jacket.

HOLY CRAP did it get hot.. but that's b/c I'm standing/sitting stilll most of the time. But when riding everything should be fine.

·
Registered
264 Posts
When I did my last curve for the course, I forgot to put the kick stand up and scraped it all the way along the curve, but still passed.

·
Registered
393 Posts
good to hear you passed. At the very least you had a better experience than envirocbr had with his fiance and their MSF instructors!
I know what you mean about the jacket, I have a Icon mesh and im burning...im like the only person around here who wears it...evryone else riders looking "cool"...like the pic in my avatar...oh well it will pay off i guess if i ever go down. Be safe and have fun ( i know i am!!!!)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Good job bro. When I took it, I had zero points up into the last test, the curve one you are talking about, I got 15 points on that one alone!!! hahaha yea pretty sad, I messed up in the beginning so I just rode through it and didn't care to try to finish correctly.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congrats...my fiance' jsut passed her's today!!!

She got 3 points as well and was scraping The Muffler in her Test!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
congrats just passed mine this last week. Passed it on a honda rebel 250 so much harder to control over my RR

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
izzyef8 said:
congrats just passed mine this last week. Passed it on a honda rebel 250 so much harder to control over my RR
I tested on the Buell 500. The 250 is harder to control over the 600?... interesting.. hopefully it's the same for me b/c I found the buell pretty easy to learn on.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
sweet! if your used to the msf heat in that jacket, we should never have to hear a crash boom bang section story with u sayin u always normally wear your gear blah blah noob, blah blah squid blah blah cagers fault blah blah but i passed the msf course... u see where im goin with this.. take your time..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dooley said:
I tested on the Buell 500. The 250 is harder to control over the 600?... interesting.. hopefully it's the same for me b/c I found the buell pretty easy to learn on.
well the rr is definately more agile i felt the same way with m bike, the rebel does not like to move even though its a 250, its like a mini harley (literally). I think they weigh about the same also, its like driving a miata compared to an expedition.

·
Registered
346 Posts
izzyef8 said:
Harder to control? That Rebel 250 will do the U-turn box in about half the radius of the 600RR with less effort - I wish I had had one for the MSF course.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
rebels handle much tighter than the 600. congrats on passing and on being smart about gear. now change your avatar!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts