Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's a fair private sale price for an 09 600rr?

I'm tossing around the idea of selling my 09 Phoenix with 6,300 miles. Going to replace my damaged tires before I attempt to sell it.

I don't want to trade it in as I put a good chunk of change down on the bike and do not want to lose that on a trade.

What would you consider paying for a 6,300 mile 09 Phoenix that's just about 100% stock with new tires?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Ducati here in Scottsdale was offering me $7k for my 09' all stock w/ under 2000mi. I looked up Kelly Blue Book, and it said $5,500. Hope that gives you some idea...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ducati here in Scottsdale was offering me $7k for my 09' all stock w/ under 2000mi. I looked up Kelly Blue Book, and it said $5,500. Hope that gives you some idea...
Kelly's blue book lists 2009 Honda 600rr as:
Suggested Retail Value $7460
Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $5150

Why trade in a bike to the dealership for a ton less when they are going to turn around and sell it at a profit (The scottsdale dealership offering 7k for the trade in is not the norm).

To the original poster, you could probably get 7k-ish on craig's list for your bike.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the dealer got even within my ball park price I'd probably take it and avoid the hassle of a private sale...

Maybe I'll take it for a ride up to the dealer soon.

Meanwhile, I listed the bike starting @ $7,500. 500 off the top right away and bam, 7k and I'll put new tires on it.:ciao:

We'll see if there is any interest.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Kelly's blue book lists 2009 Honda 600rr as:
Suggested Retail Value $7460
Trade-In Value (Good Condition) $5150

Why trade in a bike to the dealership for a ton less when they are going to turn around and sell it at a profit (The scottsdale dealership offering 7k for the trade in is not the norm).

To the original poster, you could probably get 7k-ish on craig's list for your bike.
Ya, I thought it was cool that they were going to give me 7k for the trade in too! Though opted for keeping the RR and getting the 1198 next year instead.

To OP:

You never know unless you ask. When they make you an offer, make sure they aren't giving you the $5,150 trade in and tagging on $2k in the price of your new bike, telling you they will give you $7k for your trade in.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I wouldn't even mention I have a trade in until I got MSRP & then the discount/OTD price.

I know how those games work. Been buying cars for a long time. :crackup:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm positive nobody in my area has ever walked out of a Honda dealer with a same year model bike for $7500 OTD with tax/title/reg. Maybe for a left over, but it just doesn't happen around here.

·
Registered
266 Posts
<got mine for $7500 brand new. to buy used for 7K, gotta be out of your mind.>

Where the fu&k you live? Here in planet x there's no fu&king way you would get a brand new '09 CB600RR for $7500.

To the OP what bike are you buying from the sale proceed of your Phoenix?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
<got mine for $7500 brand new. to buy used for 7K, gotta be out of your mind.>

Where the fu&k you live? Here in planet x there's no fu&king way you would get a brand new '09 CB600RR for $7500.

To the OP what bike are you buying from the sale proceed of your Phoenix?
Check ebay... lots of bikes going for low to mid 7K brand new. I purchased a "used" 0 mile 2009 for 6700 private sale like a month and half ago.

If you live in a seasonal area, your window for selling it for a good price is closing fast.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I live in Tampa, FL. Bought my bike in dealership like most of us. Didn't pay for shipping or DOC fee either, that's close to $500. Yes it took 5 hr to get the deal the way I wanted, but I'm happy. Especially in this economy dealers are trying to move as many vehicles as they can, guys it's much easier to get something new now than before. I think buying used bike is not a bad idea, it just doesn't make sense in my head to pay as much. You never know who had the bike before and what they did to it even if it's only 500 miles on it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
<I live in Tampa, FL. Bought my bike in dealership like most of us.>

Thanks.

CAUTION: Those who have the urge to buy a new bike from a different state because it's cheaper consider the following:
1. Some states will not allow you to register your new bike in the state that you reside until the bike's got 7500 miles on it
2. The fee to transport the bike is from $500.00 - $600.00
3. The fee (including transportation, meals, and lodging) to go to the state that you will buy the bike from is $600.00.

So, if you calculate all the fees and the hassles, you're better off to buy a bike in where you reside or live.

<. Especially in this economy dealers are trying to move as many vehicles as they can, guys it's much easier to get something new now than before.>

Yes, but keep in mind they are in the business to make money or profits so they're not gonna sell a bike for free or a loss.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's a fair private sale price for an 09 600rr?

I'm tossing around the idea of selling my 09 Phoenix with 6,300 miles. Going to replace my damaged tires before I attempt to sell it.

I don't want to trade it in as I put a good chunk of change down on the bike and do not want to lose that on a trade.

What would you consider paying for a 6,300 mile 09 Phoenix that's just about 100% stock with new tires?

I just bought my new 2009 a couple days ago for $7200+++

·
Registered
166 Posts
If the dealer got even within my ball park price I'd probably take it and avoid the hassle of a private sale...

Maybe I'll take it for a ride up to the dealer soon.

Meanwhile, I listed the bike starting @ $7,500. 500 off the top right away and bam, 7k and I'll put new tires on it.:ciao:

We'll see if there is any interest.

I think the sevenish is a good price for a bike of that year in excellent condition.. just have to put it out there and see if anyone shows interest in it.
I'm strongly considering selling my silver 08 with around 9600 miles on it as well.. and I definitely don't want to go to the stealership and deal.. would be quite disappointing.

a few places to advertise.. ebay, .net, craigslist, cycletrader, etc. and make sure to take a lot of pictures for the ad.. the more detail the better.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts