Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am really looking at buying a RR after a few years of not riding. (Last bike was a Shadow 750 ACE). Anywho, I was at the local dealership and they have a never registered, NEW 2003 banana RR. It is on 'Clearance' for $7200. What do you all think. Fair price? Kinda high? Way high? I've been lurking here for awhile and really appreciate any input you could give.

Thanks,
Bill

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
way to high you can get an o3 or an 04 that has already been upgraded
for way less than 7000

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yeah, that's way high. Try to wheel and deal a little bit more --- I'm sure they'll budge. Are you financing or paying straight up cash? They may give a little on price if you offer cash. Then again, I'd go with a used '03-04 that has been modded.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ditto like the others have said.

I just picked up an '03 with 3k miles, extended warranty and about $1,000 in mods for $5,200... I would buy my bike over a new '03 for the same price.

Where do you live? I think you can get an '05 or '06 for not much more in the South.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow. Lots of great info and answers, thanks everyone. I am here on the west side of Michigan. Sounds like the dealer is at least a grand too high. Guess I'll keep looking unless I can talk him way down. He had an Orange tribal '06 in stock three days ago, yesterday it was gone. The search continues . . .

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts