1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike in question:

17,xxx miles
$5,500

The dealer will not budge on price as it is fully serviced, comes with a 3 month warranty, and has brand new tires. The bike is completely stock (who knows about history), and is in pretty good overall condition.

Would you recommend holding out for a better deal come winter, or pull the trigger now? I'm not set on an 08, but it is by far the most comfortable bike I've sat on thus far. This is my first full riding season so I'm not sure how much prices will drop come the off season.

·
Registered
966 Posts
If your buying from a dealer thats as fair a deal as you'll find.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I’m assuming the valves have been done but will confirm beforehand.

Are there any other major maintenance issues ahead or just your usual routine stuff?

He also has an ‘16 w/ 3,xxx miles for $6,900 which seems like the best deal. From what I’ve read there haven’t been many updates throughout the years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts

Are there any other major maintenance issues ahead or just your usual routine stuff?

He also has an ‘16 w/ 3,xxx miles for $6,900 which seems like the best deal. From what I’ve read there haven’t been many updates throughout the years?

Great Deal! KBB is $8825 for 2016!

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'd prefer the 08 honestly, but the newer one is a better value. Really not any difference between the two besides slight looks changes.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I'd prefer the 08 honestly, but the newer one is a better value. Really not any difference between the two besides slight looks changes.

This. The 16 is a better value but I like the 08 better.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Buy a VIN check?

The bike is completely stock (who knows about history), and is in pretty good overall condition. [/QUOTE]

If you've decided to buy it may be worth $10 to get the VIN report from a place like VINCheck. I've had mixed results. Sometimes you don't learn much but other times you can see when the bike was first registered. How many owners. States it's been registered in. And salvage or flood events etc.

·
Registered
382 Posts

Unless this is a track bike with 17,000 miles on track, don't worry about the valves! My '09 has almost 80,000 hard miles, and has never had valves done. Runs good, although I think I am starting to hear the valves grumble a little, or it might be my CCT - again.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The 07 and 08 model years are the fastest of all the 600RR's.

If it was me, I would jump on that 08, although, the 2016 with that low miles for that cheap would be pretty tempting too.

Buy whichever one you like the look/feel of more. They will both be fast, reliable, etc.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Unless this is a track bike with 17,000 miles on track, don't worry about the valves! My '09 has almost 80,000 hard miles, and has never had valves done. Runs good, although I think I am starting to hear the valves grumble a little, or it might be my CCT - again.
My bike has 86000 and needed a full new set of intake valves a few thousand miles ago. Old ones were paper thin. Your bike won't need that valvejob until it lets go and needs an entire engine. Setting valves is not hard after the first time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to hear all the positive reviews for the 08!

Also just came across an 04 w/ 8,xxx for $4k from a dealer. This thing looks MINT. Are there any major reasons to go with the 08 for a newish rider? Is the 30lb difference that noticeable?

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Glad to hear all the positive reviews for the 08!

Also just came across an 04 w/ 8,xxx for $4k from a dealer. This thing looks MINT. Are there any major reasons to go with the 08 for a newish rider? Is the 30lb difference that noticeable?

Maybe not for a “newish” rider. I had an 06 and traded it in for the 07 when it came out. Weight difference was definitely noticeable to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought my 07 private party last year for 3k and an xbox one with 19k. Ive put new tires, chain and sprockets. Just ordered new plastics cuz i dont like the black n silver. Look private man, bike was in great shape. Dealerships will rob yuh.

Pic is day i brought it home.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts