·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got my bike at the shop and it needs:
- New front & back tires
- New front & back sprockets
- New chain

They say that they charge $90/hr for labor which seems reasonable but they quoted me at $590 (not including price of parts). I highly doubt that everything together would take close to 6 hours of work...

What do you guys think? Am I getting ripped off here?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yup. There figuring the time it would take to do everything individually. Like the rear sprocket, you have to account for the time to take the rear wheel off and put it back on, Ironically though they'll already have the rear wheel off already to do the tire, and will have to put it back on anyways. Also they round everything up so they figure if it takes 35 mins to change the rear tire they round it up to 1 full hour. That's the way they really make their money in the shop. I haven't found many reputable dealerships that don't function that way.

Instead try and look locally for a smaller motorcycle shop. their rates, at least here in Idaho, are way cheaper and don't try and rape you for every little thing they can. And buy your new tires online and take them to the shop with you. You'll pay way less than what the dealerships will even factoring in price of mount and balance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts