Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... crap.

I just bought a lower left fairing from ebay... Just came in the mail today. Cleaned it all up nice and pretty. I put it up to my bike for kicks and noticed that the back end where it attaches to the right lower looked completely different. what the crap!?! i checked and its an '03 model fairing. so my first and only guess is that its a california model fairing? if thats the case i wish id known that there were differences.. if not can anyone else explain what i got? heres a picture of what im talking about:

the top fairing in the last picture is the left lower in question.

thanks for the help guys...

edward

...anyone want a lower left fairing...?

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
post pics of the other side.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm..... yes, theyre oem.

so no one knows anything about california models having a slightly different lower fairing?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am stumped bro, I believe that there is a piece broken off of the left side lower where it suppose to connect to the right side. I looked at numerous lower fairings on the 03-06 fairings and non show up like yours. You never know what you'll get when you buy off of e*ay...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I found the e*ay listing in the completed sales the fairings are used with minor scuffs and scratches. The seller sold you a messed up lower and didn't tell you about it being broken.. It is definitely missing a piece. Best of luck hope this solves your problem..

·
Registered
244 Posts
You are correct in that CA lowers are different. I bought all the bodywork from an '05 for my '05. I got them from a member of this site about 1 1/2 years ago. He was/is in CA and was converting to track plastics.

I ran into the same problem on mine. I live in MN and never expected that problem. I don't think the CA lowers connect together in the back like the rest of our bikes do. They must attach to brackets under the bike someplace? IDK for sure. I'm guessing CA models might have a catalytic converter or some other difference in the exhaust.

I put mine up for sale on this site and it sold pretty quickly.....to someone in CA.

I hate when that sh*t happens.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for looking into this guys...
datnguyen24, i dont think anything has been broken off. all the edges look clean and finished like theyre supposed to be. its actually in very good shape after giving it a good clean.

Racer5349, thanks for the post... thats what i was looking for. thanks for the confirmation! too bad i dont have 100 posts yet. i guess ill try and return it.

thanks again guys

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Yes they are different. I'm in CA and my owner's manual has two sets of directions for fairing removal, one for non-CA owners and the other for CA owners.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts