Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve taken my lower cowel/faring off to clean behind it etc,but for some reason when I’ve refitted it,my fairings aren't aligning properly, it's got nasty gaps both sides and ivé tried adjusting them by loosening bolts and clips but nothing's changed!
The gap is where the lower cowel joins the lower side fairings on both sides,directly behind the front wheel,I can hold them together,but have a gap once I let it go,any advice guys?
It has a bolt either side fixing it to the side fairing and a bolt at the front underneath holding them both together?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
maybe you've got the lower cowls being pushed out by some of the rubber/foam padding between frame and cowlings?

Check the areas behind where lowers mate to uppers for some out of place pads?

Look at cowlings carefully, something is out of place and holding them apart.....

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll take a look,but don’t think anything is interfering with it.
It fits perfect along the sides and where it joins the side fairing apart from at the front!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve removed it and refitted and looking better,what fixes the belly pan to the join in the lower fairing directly behind the front wheel?
There is a hole in both sides so are these bolted or plastic scrivets as it doesn’t show this in the schematics drawing
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts