Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just changed the oil for the first time today on my '03 (I just bought it) and the fairings don't want to go back on correctly. As you are looking at the bike from the side, the bolt on the upper portion of the lower fairing doesn't want to cooperate. On one side, I can't get the bolt and hole to line up at all, and on the other side it just spins. I took both sides off as one piece (still connected under the bottom) and things just aren't lining up right...any thoughts or advice?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Next time you change oil, dont take the fairings off its easier. I use a filter strap with an extension and it goes right throught the headers

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
i just changed mine for the first time and i know what you mean, you might have better luck taking them apart because they have to slot into the mid fairing and with one side hanging down it really makes it hard unless someone else or something supports the other side... maybe that helps? hope u got it by now though :) good luck

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
the one that spins is probably not biting the nut inside the rubber peice, or the whole rubber peice is spinning. you'll need to help it any way you can. I had trouble with those lots of times in the beginning. try pressing the fairing in while trying to turn it. you'll have to manhandle the other one to get the bolt to line up. Happens all the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reassuance...I was kinda scared to really tweak on the fairing...where can I pick up a filter strap?...I had to take the coolant overflow off and still couldn't get the damn filter off.

·
Registered
526 Posts
any auto parts store, mine is like the seat belt material and has like an 8" long 3/8 square tube so you can get a ratchet in there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts