Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i can be riding along all fine and dandy and i go to park, and boom i have this!

sometimes it happens, sometimes its fine, but it happens more often than not... what do you guys recommend i do to just make sure its tighter fit together? they are OEM fairings btw thanks for any input

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
Same thing here i loosened the tank bolt right under those plastics. It allows the tank to spread a lil and hold in place.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
loosen the tank bolt? not dangerous or chance of it coming apart??

I mean not all the way just a lil so it spreads a bit.. Theres a bolt on each side of that plastic right under where its coming apart. Play with that i had the same issue, ill see if i can find a link there was a couple of threads about this.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I would recommend you to remove the side fairing, the ram air covers and reinstall the again... Be really precise when mounting the ram air covers so that the tabs fit tight and perfect!

(thats a bitchy parts indeed)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would recommend you to remove the side fairing, the ram air covers and reinstall the again... Be really precise when mounting the ram air covers so that the tabs fit tight and perfect!

(thats a bitchy parts indeed)

do not know how to do that, is there a tutorial somewhere?

I mean not all the way just a lil so it spreads a bit.. Theres a bolt on each side of that plastic right under where its coming apart. Play with that i had the same issue, ill see if i can find a link there was a couple of threads about this.

please link if you find it

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,726 Posts
I looked but couldn't find it, it was a couple months ago my history doesnt show that far back for some reason

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
do not know how to do that, is there a tutorial somewhere?
Well, I really don't knwo if there is any tutorial...

I can tell you that it is something you'll learn while you are at it... It's no rocket science...

1st removethe side fairing bolts and the remove the part... Once you did this you'll be able to re-fit the part that is popping out... then refit the mid fairing and you are good to go..

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Don't just loosen the tank bolts. Go buy some washers that are the same size and add more that way you can still tighten them down. Then check them anytime you're in there! I had the exact same issue. Also like stated make sure you are installing them and clipping everything together properly.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no guys like it can go in, i took the picture when it came out... it can go into its place but since its not tightly sealed in, it likes to open up...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
no guys like it can go in, i took the picture when it came out... it can go into its place but since its not tightly sealed in, it likes to open up...
We know what you're saying. I posted a thread when I first got my bike asking the same thing. You need to get washers on that tank bolt so it comes out more. I did and it is 100% now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
EDITED...

I thought it was an 05... Just saw the signature picture... sorry!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts