Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up people? Just recently purchesed a 07cbr600rr and love it. Has more pull than my friends 08 R6 actually and he rode mine the second day I got it. Went and got his and rode mine again after having his for about a month and first words after getting off was and I quote "GD..your bike has more power than mine!" Always good to hear. The only problem Im having right now is the right middle fairing clips that hook into the gas tank wont lock it in and keep popping out at around 130 mph or when landing a wheelie. Just wondering if anyone could comment on how I fix the fairing or any place I can go to get a good deal on a new one. Bike is black and silver is anyone knows where one is.

Thanks,
Scott​

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its not even the fact of doing 130...so I like to go fast???? Its the fact that the clips wont lock into place and could use help with that. Preciate your input tho

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Well its not even the fact of doing 130...so I like to go fast???? Its the fact that the clips wont lock into place and could use help with that. Preciate your input tho

your a moron for doing 130 on public roads. reason why i spent 30 days in jail. fix ur issue and use a track

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know screw it then, hell ask for a simple solution but cant anyone tell me they havent seen what their bike can do...I live in the country and have hardly zero cops around here with nice backroads and good straight aways...how bout you think before callin names dude, doesnt make you seem exactly like a helpful person, more like a jackass

·
Registered
475 Posts
not trying to be a jackass but isn't florida trying to pass or mayb already passed hb137 ur not really helping

"HB137 2008 specifies that if a law enforcement officer charges a person with reckless driving, or driving 30mph over the speed limit, and who was riding a motorcycle at the time, the officer must arrest the rider, take him or her into custody, and seize the motorcycle, which will be subject to forfeiture under
Florida's Contraband Forfeiture Act."

also not saying i don't do my share of stupid stuff

·
Sweeper Warrior
1,442 Posts
LOL,

these guys are going to eat ya alive with the 130 comment, it's just the way it is LOL. consider it your "welcome to 600rr.net". they've all gone that fast, but like they are saying, thats better done on a track. don't let'm fool ya, sure theres a hand full that don't, and probably never will go that fast on the streets. as for the rest of us, blowing down a "quite" road a triple digits takes place. best to not tell it here though.

as for the fairing deal, how about some pics? might need a new tank cover, or upper mid. the pics will help point the problem out. is there anything stuffed under the mid putting pressure on it? that portion of the bike can be a real pain to disassemble, it's usually a real tight fit. i suspect something (the tabs or holes) is worn or damaged. pics will help me come up with ideas other than a wood screw or 2 LOL. T.K.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It def helps not doing 130, that would keep that tab in there pretty secure.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You know screw it then, hell ask for a simple solution but cant anyone tell me they havent seen what their bike can do...I live in the country and have hardly zero cops around here with nice backroads and good straight aways...how bout you think before callin names dude, doesnt make you seem exactly like a helpful person, more like a jackass
Sorry, I guess you didn't realize everyone on this forum has never sped or got a front wheel off the ground! You will only get assistance if you drive the speed limit and don't do wheelies like all these patron saints that are hammering you!!

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
it does the same thing to mines...when u land ur wheelie dont drop it like a motha .... gas it it a bit with ur rear brakes..that way its smoother...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
there was a thread on here about that...that was mines...hahah...im too lazy to search coz im getting ready right now to go somewhere...ask redridinghood...he knows the remedy for that problem,,,

·
Registered
86 Posts
my fairings stay right where they are at 130..... but my speedo is in metrics.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
wow fun police are out today. Last time I checked this guy isn't hurting you by going fast so maybe someone should answer his question. You could probably get some plastic weld and build up the lip a little more on the tab. Or build up the inside of the tank where it clips in. My fairings come off almost every weekend and I don't have that problem...must just be lucky.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
speed got nothing to do with your problem wheelies are the reason
it will keep on happening

1 - 20 of 22 Posts