Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was wondering (when I should have been riding) why there aren't a lot of fairing schemes for other brand models such as the R6, ZX-6R and GSX-R as compared to our CBR's. I think it's because a lot of schemes don't gel too well with their shapes?

Some of it has to do with the tank as well I think, especially some of the older models which had full metal tanks and no cover which meant getting a customised scheme would result in repainting a tank to match it.

I think the CBR lends itself well to pretty much any scheme compared to the others, what do you think? Although a CBR with a Kawasaki green would look a bit odd. I can't picture a ZX-6R with most of the schemes some of the members here have.

Anyone here have any other models with outrageous schemes?

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,769 Posts
Its the tank.

People who are only willing to spend 600 dollars on a full fairing kit most certainly aren't willing to spend 600 dollars to have their tank painted to match.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I never thought about it, but yeah, the plastic tank cover is probably the biggest factor. Some ZX-6Rs have a semi plastic cover as well so I do see some kits for them.

Since watching some racing, I do find liveries on the wrong bike types to be a little annoying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts