Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i started her up right before i started to transfer stuff to the new fairings. started just fine. now put the front end back on and everthing lights up just fine but wont turn over. i checked the tip over sensor and reset the system but dont know what else to do. any ideas anybody? any at all would be greatly appreciated! thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it is cranking. but just cranking. anybody?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Are you hearing the fuel pump turn on when you go to "run"

·
Registered
563 Posts
Are you hearing the fuel pump turn on when you go to "run"[/quote
My thoughts exactly...I don't know the part its behind your headlights... I do know that the arrow has to be pointing down?

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
My thoughts exactly...I don't know the part its behind your headlights... I do know that the arrow has to be pointing down?
Haha. It needs to be pointing down? No. BAS needs to be up for "upright" Did you check the kill switch? See if it's in gear?

·
Registered
836 Posts
if its the tip sencor youre talkin bout, it should be pointing up! yea if its in gear and the kicker is down it wont start! but it wouldnt even turn over

·
Registered
563 Posts
Damn just looked I was wrong it is up...My bad!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea ill check the tip over sensor now i did have th remove it to take the headlights off but trip your right im not hearing the fuel pump prime. i didnt notice that. so frist thim im going to try is to check my grounds with a conduit tester. other than that any other ideas why the pump would not prime after a change of fairings? thanks for the help everyone. lifesavers. to nice of weather to not be riding.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
BAS is usually the first culprit, next would be the run/stop switch. BAS can mount both ways, I think they should have made it where it would only mount one way to cut down on these problems. Let us know what you find out. T

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Is the kill switch engaged? Did you reconnect the ignition wires and the BAS wires on the right side of the bike?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok got good grounds all over the bike on everything. still not hearing the fuel pump turn on. im gonna just try changing some stuff. also what do you guys mean by BAS?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok so i turned my front end upside down and it is the tip over sensor. but on mine the arrow is pointing down. weird. but shes running again thanks you guys! cant wait for the tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I thought that on some years it's up and others it's down but now it's confirmed.
I know 07 points up and should be the same for 08 and probably 09. T

This needs to be a sticky
03-06 Bas arrow is pointing down
07-09 Bas arrow is pointing up
Anyone with an 09 confirm this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts