Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
really....wtf????

my questions is simple.

after so many years....after so many complaints...after so many reviews...after all the technology out there today.....

WHY.....WHY......WHY......WHY..... can't an after market fairing kit be excatly like OEM? why?

what is it that OEM has/does that the after market people cant do?

is the materials? the plastics? the moulds?

if this was something new i would understand...but this has been going on for EVER.

they would sell them like smarties at fat camp if they just fit.

they have the bike. they have the real oem fairings to compare to.

what is it? why can't they make fairings that fit?

anyone?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i agree its ridiculous that they can make them fit. it doesn't some that it would be that hard of a thing to do having oem ones to off of and the correct tooling

·
Super Moderator
6,484 Posts
Oh and if you really want an aftermarket fairing set, get a hold of Delkevic. They stand behind their product and their kits fit pretty good.

Talk to Luke from Delkevic, they are great people. They care about their customers.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
aaahhhh we make faring perfectfit so stupid american buy. i get mad when no fit hahaha.
ah engrish is my favorite ranguage to take money from...haha sirry americans lol (no offense to our asain community here on .net.)

·
Registered
343 Posts
I wonder about this exact same thing and was actually talking to my gf a couple weeks ago! After seeing the white/black graffiti fairings thread I told my gf that I'd love to switch to those fairings if something happened to the stockers, or maybe just to be different because that looks sick! But I have not read one review about any brand fitting without a lot of jerry rigging.

I told her it kills me because companies are making money off inferior products that don't fit correctly. That would be the best company to start and would be unbelievably successful. If I knew how to even go about trying to start it up I would try... I have some good ideas about the color schemes and designs on the fairings that could potentially put some cool fairings out on the market too... Not going to give my ideas away as I wouldn't want someone to capitalize on my ideas.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Its in the plastics. Aftermarket companies use cheap ABS plastic, the same stuff you use in drain pipes for houses. Its a lot stiffer, susceptible to heat and gets brittle. Which is why it belongs in the ground. OEM uses polyethylene that is a lot more flexible and can handle the heat a lot better. I had a motofans kit and after having that crap fall apart on me and going back to an OEM kit I'm a million times more happier. As far as I know nothing can compare until they start shoving out the cash better plastics, which in turn means more expensive molds.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
yeah it is funny to, no matter how many people buy it and write a bad review about how bad they fit, there is always someone that thinks it will be perfect fit for them.
Its because people sugar coat their reviews sometimes on here. No one wants to really say my new plastics are crap. But give it a year and they'll sing a different tune.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its in the plastics. Aftermarket companies use cheap ABS plastic, the same stuff you use in drain pipes for houses. Its a lot stiffer, susceptible to heat and gets brittle. Which is why it belongs in the ground. OEM uses polyethylene that is a lot more flexible and can handle the heat a lot better. I had a motofans kit and after having that crap fall apart on me and going back to an OEM kit I'm a million times more happier. As far as I know nothing can compare until they start shoving out the cash better plastics, which in turn means more expensive molds.
you need to spend money to make money...isn't that the old saying?

spend some money on fairings that fit like OEM...paint them as per a customers design..... and you would make truck loads of money.

seems like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
ive wondered this before.. its becuz people still buy it,..so why change it? they are making profit is all they care about.. people will always buy the shitty product to try and be one of the "rare" (probably imaginary) people who get lucky and buy a perfect fit fairing...i think its their molds that suck..even if its shtty plastic..sometimes its off ALOT..more then just bending alittle bit

·
Registered
112 Posts
So, you get what you pay for then huh?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
So, you get what you pay for then huh?
basically

im sure that the after market companies could do OEM fit ... but guess what, you will lost that nice discount......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts