Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike from a guy I found on craigslist, and it seems in great condition, especially for the price I paid.The bike is lowered which is perfect for me since I'm not super tall, the only problems i have with it are in the fairings, I suspect it was dropped from a standing position because it has some scratches, and due to the lowering i think the bottom fairings were removed so they didn't scrape on speed bumps. So in my search for a good set of fairings i found ABSFairings. I found a beautiful set of matte black fairings, but then i found this forum and quite a few people recommended Motofansclub. I found some awesome ones on there I'm just a little wary about the fact that they are almost half the price and the fact that they work through PayPal. Looking to find anyone who has purchased from either of these companies and can provide any information or feedback on them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You get what you pay for, that is all I have to say. I bought a $350 kit and it looks damn good and fits spot on, but it chips easy as the clearcoat is delicate. Figure out what you want to spend and look in other threads. I was lowered on the Vortex links and had no issues with bottoming out the fairings... he crashed that bike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You get what you pay for, that is all I have to say. I bought a $350 kit and it looks damn good and fits spot on, but it chips easy as the clearcoat is delicate. Figure out what you want to spend and look in other threads. I was lowered on the Vortex links and had no issues with bottoming out the fairings... he crashed that bike.
Yea that's one of my main concerns with the lower priced fairings. If the paint chips there's no point in buying them at all. Even with a google search the main ones i find are the ABSFairings. I don't really want to pay double the price for those if the Motofansclub ones would work though.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yea that's one of my main concerns with the lower priced fairings. If the paint chips there's no point in buying them at all. Even with a google search the main ones i find are the ABSFairings. I don't really want to pay double the price for those if the Motofansclub ones would work though.
If you are simply looking to complete the bike than I recommend buying the missing pieces either from our forum, eBay, or craigslist.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are simply looking to complete the bike than I recommend buying the missing pieces either from our forum, eBay, or craigslist.
That's the primary reason I want to get a kit but there are a few cracks and scratches here and there on the stock fairings. I also want to murder it out, to match my car and all of my gear. The ground fairings would be the only pieces i need to complete it but eventually I want to get a kit so i figured that it would be more efficient to just purchase a whole kit to begin with. The price isn't really a big deal for me right now, but if i can get a good quality set for $300, I don't want to spend $600+.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Purchased the motofansclub.net fairings and they look damn good. The fit was perfect and the kit came with everything in needed. Very impressed and would defiantly recommend to anyone searching for a new look on their bike.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
That's the primary reason I want to get a kit but there are a few cracks and scratches here and there on the stock fairings. I also want to murder it out, to match my car and all of my gear. The ground fairings would be the only pieces i need to complete it but eventually I want to get a kit so i figured that it would be more efficient to just purchase a whole kit to begin with. The price isn't really a big deal for me right now, but if i can get a good quality set for $300, I don't want to spend $600+.
Find the parts you are missing and send that fairing to a paintshop.

If the fairings mounted en the bike are OEM, then they are 100 times better than any ABS kit you can find.

Paint them matt black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts