Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm not sure if they goes in this section but I laid my bike down a bit ago but most of the damage was to my frame sliders. I have a thick scratch on the tail and a broken black plastic piece between the headlights and the fairings underneath it. I have a 08 cbr600rr and I was wondering would you guys suggest buying aftermarket fairings or replaceing those fairings only? I'm sure I could get the parts cheaper for the OEM fairings parts but I'm also not sure where to buy them. I was leaning more to aftermarket for a new look but I hear bad things about them. I also was curious if I could have sun damage to my paint job and if I bought OEM ones they might not match correctly due to the bike being 8 years old. Thoughts? I can get pictures later but I'm at work right now.

·
Registered
479 Posts
To get a quality set of aftermarket fairings will probably cost you $400+. Replacing the damaged pieces with used OEM pieces will be cheaper. The hard part is finding good conditioned used OEM pieces.

What color is your bike?

If you decide to sell your OEM fairings, and your left upper mid is red/black in good condition, let me know! I would like to buy it from you lol.

·
Registered
874 Posts
To get a quality set of aftermarket fairings will probably cost you $400+. Replacing the damaged pieces with used OEM pieces will be cheaper. The hard part is finding good conditioned used OEM pieces.

What color is your bike?

If you decide to sell your OEM fairings, and your left upper mid is red/black in good condition, let me know! I would like to buy it from you lol.
I get second pick! Could always use spare red/black fairings!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Consider looking for OEM fairings for the next couple of weeks that would replace the broken ones, but remember that a good enough Chinese kits is around $380 for a full set of NEW fairings... Just saying. They fit fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts