Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see an option at motosport outlet in the checkout where you can chose "billmelater" which I guess you have 90 days to pay off what you owe, interest free. I read through the disclaimer and it seemed legit with no fees. Does anyone have any experience with this option?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Interest free, but not FEE free.

I used BML ONCE. BUt it wasn't interest free. 18% plus numerous fees. FOr $199 I ended up paying almost $300...for a 1/18 scale RC car.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Its worth it if you KNOW you will be able to pay your bill off before the grace period. They count on you being unable to though... in turn, you get unpaid interest tacked on. Typically, they throw the interest that you would have originally accumulated monthly in immediately after your grace period.

These gimmicks add up. :cursin:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nacademus is right, you just need to be smarter than they hope you are. Billmelater counts on you not paying the balance before the alloted time, and then smacking you with charges that Shamrock ended up dealing with.

I use Billmelater for slightly larger purchases (like my laptop) and haven't paid a dime more than expected.

Just plan things out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
I used a credit card for my new mac that was just like described above.

My comp was $1,200. I have 365 days to pay it off before the accrued interest is piled on to a lump sum bill along with the unpaid balance and billed to me. Of course the sneaky bastards don't tell you that outright. It's in the fine print. With an interest rate of 22.99%, that is one hell of a profit for them if you don't pay it off in that first year. They set the minimum monthly payments way low too, so that if you make the minimum payment, you don't even come close to paying it off in that first year.

Gotta love the credit trap a lot of these companies set for people who don't do their homework!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm curious as to how you ended up paying 18% did you wait until after 90 days?
At the time, BML was a new concept. There was no "interest Free", I knew it was 18% going in, but I did NOT know that they charged me a fee for billing each month, a fee for "insurance". This was like 10 years ago.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I used a credit card for my new mac that was just like described above.

My comp was $1,200. I have 365 days to pay it off before the accrued interest is piled on to a lump sum bill along with the unpaid balance and billed to me. Of course the sneaky bastards don't tell you that outright. It's in the fine print. With an interest rate of 22.99%, that is one hell of a profit for them if you don't pay it off in that first year. They set the minimum monthly payments way low too, so that if you make the minimum payment, you don't even come close to paying it off in that first year.

Gotta love the credit trap a lot of these companies set for people who don't do their homework!
All 0% APR cards like this. You have to be pretty naive to think min payments for a year will pay it off or that it won't jump to some outrageous APR at the end of the year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts