Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Family member assignment...fix 2015 600RR that has been sitting for 2 years will not start...bad gas-bad battery-gas cap lock frozen...battery on order. I have only worked on same problem on 1950's-2005 autos.

· Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
Welcome to the net!

Well you won't be rebuilding carburetors or adjusting the ignition timing. But you should drain that old gas, buy a new battery making sure it's at least 13.0v, and get some Yamalubzall or penetrating oil down in the tank cap. Was the bike stored outside?

Check your tires for any cracks or cupping, inflate to proper pressures, oil and adjust your chain, oil and adjust your clutch and brake cables, and visually inspect your brakes.

· Registered
827 Posts
This really shouldn't be a tall order if the bike was put away in working condition.

Of course the battery is toast. Buy a lithium.

Gas isn't necessarily bad after two years to the point that it won't combust, though if bike was outside or in places with very high humidity there's a chance you have water in the gas tank. Safest thing is to drain and replace.

Stuck gas cap isn't uncommon as the little "claws" get gummed up. Soak in lubricant and wait. If you have a spare key jiggle it several times a day, tap lightly with hammer a couple times a day. It should eventually turn. Once it took me three days but it did open.

Tires would be may main concern. If they're pre 2015 and have been sitting on one spot I'd replace.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Yeah, tyres sitting for years in one spot with weight on them can develop flat spots. Can feel them doing thump-thump-thump each time flat-spot comes around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts