Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, was just curious is to see if I was the only husband/father out there who cant ride as much as he wants. lol :spank:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nope you're not the only one. I bought a 08 new in Nov. 08 and it only has 1500 right now. I would love to ride more myself but the responsibilities come first.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nope you're not the only one. I bought a 08 new in Nov. 08 and it only has 1500 right now. I would love to ride more myself but the responsibilities come first.

Just saw you're from Dayton. Nice to see Ohio Guys! I'm from cleveland, still looking for a bike, but dated a girl who ended up at UD. Thats all...

/thread jack

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep your definately right, I felt bad at first but I guess things could be alot worse although I've only had the bike about a week so im sure things will get better.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nope your not the only one. Responsibilities gotta come first, in due time as the kids get older more time will free up :) heck one day i hope my family will be riding WITH me :)

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
I ride all the time all year long.. 2 daughters one is 15 the other 16 and been married for 14 years... My wife understands my love of motorcycles, so i am pretty lucky i guess...

The only thing stopping me from more of the long trips is money!!! LOL

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sometimes it's tough to strike a good balance between riding and family life. My sons are teenagers, so they aren't exactly watching out the front door for me to get home anymore, but I still need to have an influence on them. I try to get as much riding in as I can that doesn't cut in on family time, If I'm out at riding 6AM on the weekend, I'm usually home before they are even up.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Married almost 3 yrs.
+ One year old little girl.
-----------------------------
A bike with too few miles.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Sometimes it's tough to strike a good balance between riding and family life. My sons are teenagers, so they aren't exactly watching out the front door for me to get home anymore, but I still need to have an influence on them. I try to get as much riding in as I can that doesn't cut in on family time, If I'm out at riding 6AM on the weekend, I'm usually home before they are even up.
:+1: My girls are competitive cheerleaders and I have never missed a competition and have only missed a handful of practices in 4 years....

It is hard to balance, but it can be done

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got two daughters aged six and two. I figure the amount of time a guy gets to ride is proportional to the age of your kids. Young kids = less time riding. Older kids = more time riding. Father means part time chauffer, part time butler sometimes ;)

And just wait until one has soccer at the same time as the other one has dance. Bike's gonna be an ornament.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hehe I def feel ya I have 2 daughters 18month and 4yr and a 12 yr old son, 8 yr old step son. 03 with 9000 miles on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts