Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so I have a 2006 600rr and just did a swap last night for the same year motor. Everything is working fine after replacing some fuses that were blown. For some reason the fan wont kick on at all. When I ride the bike it cools down as its supposed to but when i let it idle and temp rises the fan doesnt kick on at all. I replaced the fuse and still wont work. Im going to try and replace the relay today to see if that helps. Any other suggestions? Also before i blew my last motor my FI malfunction light was on though the bike rode fine. Now I swapped a new motor in with new wire harness and injectors on the throttle bodies. Basically the only thing I kept was the throttle bodies to avoid havin to re-sync them. Only mods are slip-on, K&N filter and a few others none of which that deal with the powertrain.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You might have bent the fan into the shroud a little? Can you spin it freely? Happened to me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I let it idle till around 231 then took it for a quick ride to cool is off where it dropped to about 180 then took it back to the shop where i checked the fuse and wiring. Nothin...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You might have bent the fan into the shroud a little? Can you spin it freely? Happened to me.
Yeah i did this too. Easy fix when noticed.

i dont mean to ask a "duhh" question, but is it plugged in properly? If it is, then you need to start checking if the wires get power over 220*

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it spins freely. Ive disconnected and reconnect the plug several times. I'll try and run it straight from the battery to see if it works at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it was the relay that was the culprit. Switched it out from my old harness and was good to go. Thanks...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts