Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am probably going to the Bahama's in September. My friends and I got a free timeshare from one of their parents on the grand bahama island.
I have never been before and I am looking for some advice of do's and don'ts.
If anyone has been, let me know fun things to do, where not to go, places to party at, possible other islands to visit and things to buy cheap and bring home.

for ex:
I know I should buy a crap load of cheap alcohol and bring back to the states
I also know Port Lakaya(sp) is a good place to check out.

what are some other advice one may have.

thanks a ton.
-Pharaoh

·
Registered
881 Posts
My advice, don't go. I was there in Oct 04' and pretty much was a waste of money. The resort was ok, beach was ok. But going out beyond that sucked, everyone harrass's you to buy junk. Downtown are a bunch of thugs on the streets, "wanna buy some weed?" "hey baby" to your girl. All that bs you don't want on a vacation. Alcohol is not cheap there at all, you get raped, $5 a beer, or $3 a can if you go to a liquor store. Place is a dump compared to other islands I have been to.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Camel Jockey said:
My advice, don't go. I was there in Oct 04' and pretty much was a waste of money. The resort was ok, beach was ok. But going out beyond that sucked, everyone harrass's you to buy junk. Downtown are a bunch of thugs on the streets, "wanna buy some weed?" "hey baby" to your girl. All that bs you don't want on a vacation. Alcohol is not cheap there at all, you get raped, $5 a beer, or $3 a can if you go to a liquor store. Place is a dump compared to other islands I have been to.
do you mean Grand Bahama sux? do you suggest maybe Nassau or an entirely different place?

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts