Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed my order for a new 160GB PS3. Going to trade in the xbox to the local game store and pick up COD Black Ops and Gran Turismo 5. Should be the only two games I need for a long time.

I am tired of paying $50 a year for online play. Also most of my friends are now on the PS network. The xbox is too damn loud too. Thing sounds like it's going to vibrate off my shelf when it's running.

So, if anyone is interested my User Name is going to be the same as my name here if it is available.

Looking forward to it! Hopefully I will have it by Friday!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hahaha jist kidding man. I personally love the feel of the xbox controller and iys just what im used to.

I also just got the new 250gb xbox. But hey, if you have more friends on ps3. Go for it. Playing with friends is the only way i can play black ops now.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do prefer the xbox controller as well. But the cons are outweighing the benefits right now.

I really am not a fan of Microsoft trying to nickel and dime their users for every little thing from online play to accessories for their system that it should have came with.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Yeah, but we do get "perks" from it. Like microsoft payed off treyarch to get the next black ops map pack one month earlier for xbox. Haha

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is true... However for that one month of patience from ps3 users, they get the maps for free. At least I think so.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Just placed my order for a new 160GB PS3. Going to trade in the xbox to the local game store and pick up COD Black Ops and Gran Turismo 5. Should be the only two games I need for a long time.

I am tired of paying $50 a year for online play. Also most of my friends are now on the PS network. The xbox is too damn loud too. Thing sounds like it's going to vibrate off my shelf when it's running.

So, if anyone is interested my User Name is going to be the same as my name here if it is available.

Looking forward to it! Hopefully I will have it by Friday!
You need to get the new 360 video game play is so much better on the xbox, I own both and the xbox is better to me, it does suck that you have to pay for online play though. PS3 online market is way better

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I love my PS3. Its a great console. The only thing that blew me away when I bought it was the lack of Hi-Def cables. It only comes with the crappy RCA cables so you have to go and buy the component or HDMI cables. The component ones are made by Sony, but the HDMI's you can get anywhere. The HDMI's are a lot cheaper especially if you get them online.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Expected delivery date is tomorrow! Pretty stoked about it. As soon as I get it I am going to go trade in my 360 and see what kind of deals they will work out for games and what not.

As soon as I get my PSN account all lined up I'll post up in here and get some of your gamertags!

·
Registered
932 Posts
You also need Uncharted 2 and Little Big Planet, then you'll be set for awhile! PS3 is the bomb-diggy (own both consoles, but the PS3 all around is way better IMO).

PSN: "N1bbles-"
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
my PS3 came with a HDMI...

welcome to psn LanCo
Oh, I guess they must have done that with the new ones then. I've had mine for a while. But my parents got one recently and it only had the RCA's. I guess it doesn't really matter since he already has HDMI though.

Anyways, some must play games that are PS3 only are:
- Uncharted 1 & 2
- Metal Gear Solid 4

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Ps3 is way better

Graphics are way better as are the games

Blu ray!!!

Gt5 is SICK! And will keep you entertained for months.

Black ops is great too!!!

Ps3 all the way- no doubt

Welcome aboard man!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
+1 for ps3
uncharted is amazing
as well as MLB the show 10 if your into that kind of thing
obvioulsy GT5 and COD BO
if any body wants to add im mcgov_21
cya on PSN!

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Oh, I guess they must have done that with the new ones then. I've had mine for a while. But my parents got one recently and it only had the RCA's. I guess it doesn't really matter since he already has HDMI though.

Anyways, some must play games that are PS3 only are:
- Uncharted 1 & 2
- Metal Gear Solid 4

mines about a couple years old already (fat ps3).
But now that i think about it, it might have been because it was the MGS4 bundle that included it.

I cant wait for SSD prices to go down. These loading times for both cod and gt5 are rough.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
My PS3 collects dust... The 360 has a much more fun set up for me. PS3 has a few great games but Xbox outclasses it.

Funny thing- my Xbox, after installing the game, is quieter than my PS3 running GT5.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts