Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My left upper fairing keeps popping off on the top by the headlight and right under my gas tank. I bought the bike used from temecula motorsports. When I took off the fairing that it was either glued at these parts by the dealership or by the previous owner. I don't really know what to do. Should I rig it up and reglue which is ghetto or not. Any opinions out there?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
sounds like broken tabs. not really a way to fix that except rig it the way it was for a temp fix. But it will do it again.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Probably broken tabs, either glue, drill and zip tie or new plastics. You could try to fix the tabs, but it doesn't seem worth it

Reactions: deluzrider

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
So you bought it from a dealer? Sounds like they didn't do a very good inspection of the bike.
Thats why i will never buy a bike from the dealer except a new one. Dealers are out to get the most for the buck. They didnt care it was broken because then they dont have the opportunity to sell a fairing. I wouldnt go back to that place again for sure

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats why i will never buy a bike from the dealer except a new one. Dealers are out to get the most for the buck. They didnt care it was broken because then they dont have the opportunity to sell a fairing. I wouldnt go back to that place again for sure
Ya they pissed me off with this whole issue. I wanted to go in and yell at them but I have a feeling they will jus piss me off more

·
Registered
342 Posts
My upper does the same thing, but on the right side. There aren't any broken tabs, and all the necessary hardware is in the right place. It just doesn't stay put... so I stopped worrying about it. You might check the tank cover. Sometimes if thats not on snug, then the uppers wont clip under it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My upper does the same thing, but on the right side. There aren't any broken tabs, and all the necessary hardware is in the right place. It just doesn't stay put... so I stopped worrying about it. You might check the tank cover. Sometimes if thats not on snug, then the uppers wont clip under it.
Ya the tabs look fine to me but I am in no way an expert on it. I thought maybe the tabs were rounded off or something

·
Registered
169 Posts
If they glued it and tried to hide it, that's bad in them. If they didn't say anything, but knew about it they probably didn't say anything to keep you from lowballimg them. There was plenty if time to look it over, but I know that fairing usually pops off after a ride. How long have you had it? What did you pay, year miles? I'd you don't mind.

I don't see how someone can say they didn't notice it if they tried checking the air filter, but they probably didn't.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If they glued it and tried to hide it, that's bad in them. If they didn't say anything, but knew about it they probably didn't say anything to keep you from lowballimg them. There was plenty if time to look it over, but I know that fairing usually pops off after a ride. How long have you had it? What did you pay, year miles? I'd you don't mind.

I don't see how someone can say they didn't notice it if they tried checking the air filter, but they probably didn't.
2007 with 8000 miles. Got it for 6999. I looked it over but you could not tell it was glues until the fairing popped off. I bought it about 2 months ago

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Mine pops lose every couple of months. It's funny I just give it a forcefull smack and stays for a while lol. If you do rig it safety wire will be less noticeable than zips.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The washer idea works great for the side tank cover issue that is for sure as far as the top off the headlight make sure the upper at the bottom is in the right alignment with the black cover underneath cause if that is off the upper from the top will be off as well

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine pops lose every couple of months. It's funny I just give it a forcefull smack and stays for a while lol. If you do rig it safety wire will be less noticeable than zips.
Not really sure what I would zip tie or wire. There are jus tabs there. No loops or anything to put it through.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I am talking about part # 11 in this image

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I have a bolt through there. Is that where you guys say I should have a washer?

Insert a washer then put the bolt back in place and do not tighten that bolt to tight all the way that raises the gas tank cover slightly and bring it out to where the tabs from the upper middle cowl lock up in place with the gas tank cover

1 - 20 of 27 Posts