Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
They always mess up my order and not to mention if you hand them cash instead of a debit or credit card it is like you ruined the day by making them do math!

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Higher fast food wages --> higher costs
Higher costs --> less people eating fast food
Less people eating fast food --> America becomes less fat/more healthy?
Less people eating fast food --> fast food workers lose jobs because companies lose money from loss of sales

they can bitch all they want for higher wages... they'll still get f*cked in the end :crackup:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Lazy people expecting more from their already minimal input? I wonder where they got that sense of entitlement from? Couldn't be the government. The government doesn't support programs like that.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
What people don't realize if they raise the minimum wage to $15. That's going to cut the workforce in half. So, say Wendy's had 20 employees they will now have 10. So, the people who are complaining are gonna go from like $8 to $0. Plus they will have to pay for obamacare... Be happy with what U have. If u want more work for it u lazy f's.... Jesus Christ obama gives people a lot already what else would u like a free car, clothes? Should we do ur work while U get paid bc it's too much...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Guess people forgot that these type of jobs are for highschool/college kids, not for people trying to support a family. If you work at a fastfood place and want to make $15 an hr, you should apply for a management position then if you dont want to leave that industry.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Guess people forgot that these type of jobs are for highschool/college kids, not for people trying to support a family. If you work at a fastfood place and want to make $15 an hr, you should apply for a management position then if you dont want to leave that industry.
Exactly. I keep hearing how these fast food workers are working full time and still need government assistance. If you're a grown adult and you are content with working the counter at a fast food restaurant you don't deserve more money. Leave those jobs to the kids working their way through college or high school.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Exactly. I keep hearing how these fast food workers are working full time and still need government assistance. If you're a grown adult and you are content with working the counter at a fast food restaurant you don't deserve more money. Leave those jobs to the kids working their way through college or high school.

Yeap, and if nothing else working at one of these places should motivate you to push yourself and get a better job. I worked in restaurants throughout highschool and college and never once thought " Hmm this could be a good lifetime career" Same thing with Walmart. At least they are not working outside in the heat and cold making the same amount like alot of unskilled construction workers, roofers, etc.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yea, I dont think they have a leg to stand on being that if they are getting atleast minimum wage the fast food places are within their rights. I worked at a grocery store when I was young and I knew 2 things for sure: 1. I need a college education unless I plan to stay here forever 2. If for some unfortunate reason I cintinued to work in grocery then I would definitely need two pretty much full time jobs to even think of living somewhat decent.

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
I have customers who are always looking for help, and are willing to train someone with no experience. One told me the other day the first question he always asks when they hire someone is "did they show up" on their first day, because 9 out of 10 don't. People are so lazy and entitled

·
Registered
567 Posts
What people don't realize if they raise the minimum wage to $15. That's going to cut the workforce in half. So, say Wendy's had 20 employees they will now have 10. So, the people who are complaining are gonna go from like $8 to $0. Plus they will have to pay for obamacare... Be happy with what U have. If u want more work for it u lazy f's.... Jesus Christ obama gives people a lot already what else would u like a free car, clothes? Should we do ur work while U get paid bc it's too much...

If fast food employees were more efficient they could make more. We were at Windy's the other day and they had 6 employees working and 5 customers. The kept screwing up orders so after 10 minutes of waiting we left. More employees than customers and still can't get the job done? I'm sorry but that doesn't even deserve the $5 an hour min wage from my first job.

·
Registered
64 Posts
While I don't feel then need to bash anyone's occupation I think it's ridiculous asking $15 an hour. I think it's a great first job for high schoolers but that's about it. However, I'm just glad they are working rather being useless and collecting welfare, from lack of work ethic!

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
If they would ever get raised to $15/hour, I would leave EMS to go work flipping burgers since it would be a better wage.
They would be getting paid more than most emergency service personnel across the country. Use that for some perspective.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts