Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha so i went into a fast food restaurant and the first thing the lady asked me after i placed my helmet on the counter was "will this be for here or to go?".....instantly i said "haha no i plan on eating and driving" haha she deserved a here your sign award but i thought about it....im pretty sure this has happened to me before and i just didnt notice

but anyways im just wonderin if its happened to yall and what yall said to the person on the other side of the counter?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Multiple times. I think its just one of those things. Ever take your airplane ticket and the person behind the counter says, "Have a nice flight." and your respond, "Thanks, you too." I think its just one of those things they're just so trained to say.

I always feel like such a douche when I say "Thanks, you too." to the person at the airport.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I pick up food to go on the way to work all the time. I carry all kinds of stuff on my bike. I don't see that is is a stupid question.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I pick up food to go on the way to work all the time. I carry all kinds of stuff on my bike. I don't see that is is a stupid question.
Yea I agree. I just went to McDonalds tonight, and put my helmet on the counter and took a #2 combo meal "to go" in my backback. Funny thing is... the girl looked at my helmet and asked what the little plastic things are on the top. She was like rubbing them with her hands. It was the vents on the helment. I thought it was funny she was interested in my helment. :female:

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
hey guess what this may blow your mind but ive got fast food and took it home on the bike... they have these cool things called back packs. and im pretty sure its there job to ask.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I say nonsense at work from time to time. Only because you become a bot and just blurt out common phrases when you just don't care anymore. I try to put as little brain effort into work as possible. Graveyard shift sucks. :D

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
i never get drinks at a fast food place, i dont like playing for a plastic cup filled with ice and a splash of pop. if i was getting a drink id just pick one up at a store and throw it in the backpack too.
true story...
I've gotten stuff to go on the bike a couple times. For all they know you rock a goldwing with cup holders, haha.

I also agree on the "saying stupid stuff at work thing." I get into autopilot mode and I ask a lot of stupid redundant questions that I already knew that answer too. It's just habit

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I used to have this job where we would have to answer the phone with the name of the business (like most jobs). I got so used to answering the phone that way that a couple times when the phone rang at home I would answer it as if I were at work. I would catch myself though and stop lol.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Its funny you brought this up. I know it seems like a stupid question when they ask but sometimes i really do get an order to go. Put it in my bookbag and roll, or just sit it on the tank.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
ive gotten food to go while on my bike.
a friend and i were watching rush hour 3, and tucker mentioned chicken and i was like ****.. i want some chicken.. so we go out to kfc, and they were closed so we stopped by some burger king, got a few odd looks from the person taking the order and people behind us... cant blame em when two bikes roll through a drive through and take the bags of food and put them into a backpack.. at 1am lol!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Its been discussed before. I believe the cashiers have a script they are supposed to follow. They are required to ask if its for here or to go.

Oh and I have gotten fast food to go before. I managed to get a whole meal for me and my buddies from Mcdonald's. I put it all in my backpack. Just don't get the drinks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used to have this job where we would have to answer the phone with the name of the business (like most jobs). I got so used to answering the phone that way that a couple times when the phone rang at home I would answer it as if I were at work. I would catch myself though and stop lol.
I do this a lot. Since that's how I have to answer the phone at work.

Thanks for calling the...uh hi. :tard::confused3

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've gotten it to go, it's a valid question.

But, I've gone to In-N-Out Burger drive-thru..she asked "will you be eating this in your car?" (they put it in a to-go tray). I just stared at her and gave her a moment visualize me eating a Double-Double (animal style) & fries off my gas tank through a full face mask...

"Oh. Never mind"

·
Registered
143 Posts
haha so i went into a fast food restaurant and the first thing the lady asked me after i placed my helmet on the counter was "will this be for here or to go?".....instantly i said "haha no i plan on eating and driving" haha she deserved a here your sign award but i thought about it....im pretty sure this has happened to me before and i just didnt notice

but anyways im just wonderin if its happened to yall and what yall said to the person on the other side of the counter?

Ohh yeah it has happened to me, at the local taco bueno a couple of times. I think that sometimes you hit them while they are in the zone and don't even realize how it makes no sense.

Joet what part of East Texas are you in?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Multiple times. I think its just one of those things. Ever take your airplane ticket and the person behind the counter says, "Have a nice flight." and your respond, "Thanks, you too." I think its just one of those things they're just so trained to say.

I always feel like such a douche when I say "Thanks, you too." to the person at the airport.

i was at the beach the other day and i was wearing an afro wig (dont ask)... some girl walking by was like "i like your hair!" i think i said something like "thanks, iiiii like your hair too?"

·
Registered
77 Posts
Theres been times where I'll stop by the supermarket on the way home and get a few things that I can throw in my backpack. I've put my helmet down on at the end of the conveyor thing to get my wallet and stuff and they'll pick it up and almost scan it. It's usually pretty funny

·
Registered
35 Posts

conversely, i work as a line guy at a smaller general aviation airport (we see small and midsize jets). often i'll say 'have a safe/good flight' to the pilots as they're closing the door. sometimes, i'll get a 'you too' out of them, and it's pretty funny when they don't know i'm a pilot too... because at the end they kinda trail off like... uhh.. yeah what am i saying to this guy.

i often stop at a sub shop before i hit work, and i just smuggle the sub in my jacket for the 5 minutes it takes me to get to work. i try to avoid the fast food joints, but i have done the same with a burger/chicken wrap or two. the trick is to not go long distance with food up in your gear.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts