Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kick azz time at the Faster premier last night. the writer/director was in attendance to answer questions after the film, joined by none other than 1993 GP Champ Kevin Schwantz...was very cool.

Ben Spies and Josh Hayes were also there.

Where were you Miguel and Jake?

Free Faster tshirt to all those that asked.

Saw at least one other 600rr member (whats up Mike!), and a couple rr's in the parking lot.

For all those that haven't seen it and have even the slightest interest in GP racing (or any racing for that matter), I HIGHLY recommend checking out Faster. Some great footage and really interesting interviews with the fastest riders in the world.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
cool....I wondered if this movie would be any good!

I always told my buddy's if they would just make a REALISTIC movie about motorcycles instead of this "torque" crap, it would go over great!

:D

·
Registered
494 Posts
Right on. Is this going to be released on DVD? I doubt there will be a premier in Utah. hehe.

Also, how good of a turnout was there? I envision hundreds of bullet bikes gathered in a parking lot :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, it's actually already out on dvd. you can order it from http://www.fastermovie.com/dvd.html.

it was an excellent turnout actually. maybe about 200? i don't have a good eye for crowd judgement, so that might not be close, but the theater was mostly full and its a decent size.

they had a group ride from moto britalia in roswell which is about 25 minutes away (best case scenario) and there was an accident on the interstate and the ride ended up late, so they actually held the movie up for .5 hour to let them get there.

they roped off a section right in front for all the bikes and had a few display ones also (as well as some umbrella girls - unfortunately not quite the caliber one expects of a top notch umbrella girl). some dude showed up on his gurney gator, a freakish bike to actually see in person.

eazy - its EXACTLY the kind of movie that should be made about riding. that's actually why the director did it was that he felt the same as you, and did something about it. gotta admire the guy a bit for that.

some highlights of the flick:

"the first time i rode the 500 (2 stroke), i was like f**k!" - valentio rossi

"biaggi needs to do something to make this a rivalry. right now, rossi has not only his number, but his address, his shoe size, etc..." - schwantz

best part though, was watching the flick with one of the main players in it and one of the best riders in the world. super weird to see schwantz on screen then look over and see him sitting right across the aisle watching himself on screen...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I heard on TWT that there will be a special edition DVD coming out with more extra features and a short "part 2" that picks up where this one left off.

I was curious too, how much does it take away from it, being outdated like it is?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts