Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
busas have been known to run mid 9's bone stock with a very good rider. zx12's are right behind them.

·
Registered
730 Posts
from what I have seen, in the quarter... modern liter bikes are a little faster than the busa and zx-12r, until top end, when they come flying past.

L

·
0 Posts
Jayock said:
from what I have seen, in the quarter... modern liter bikes are a little faster than the busa and zx-12r, until top end, when they come flying past.
one of the magazines did a shootout of the stock gsxr1k vs the stock busa not too long ago.... the busa won solely due to its weight and better ability to keep the front down. this is the one case where a heavier bike is good to a certain extent. many people go as far as to actually add lead weights to the front of their drag bikes.

there is a vid floating around of a zx10 with exhaust, sprockets and strapped running 9.3x's. that guy is nowhere near amature though.

it all comes down to the rider 99% of the time. i have seen 600's beat busa's at the strip. if you are thinking about drag racing, start on a 600. launches will be 100 times harder to learn and to get good at on a more powerful bike.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
if you guys don't know by now, the fastest 1/4 mile bike is the 'Busa, but the next fastest is the ZX10R!!! not the 12r, or any gixxer. the 10r is the fastest you can get, and my brother wastes 'Busa riders all the frickin' time. my bro is a great rider, though, and that bike is just killer.

V

·
0 Posts
Two weeks ago I went to the track at Gainesville raceway to watch the Prostar racing test and tune.... there were two Zx-10s running each other, (an Orange and a Green). All it looked like was that they had them dropped in the front. I am not sure what kind of engine work they had done, but they were running constantly in the 9.1s. Not too bad for not having a mile long swingarm.

This one run, I guess they were ******* around and one of the guys did a wheelie down the whole strip and he still pulled a 9.73. It was amazing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The new ZX10's with a 6inch or longer arm are the new killers on the strip in the right hands. There right up there with the busas and 12's. Can't wait to find one wrecked and make it a dedicated drag bike.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I saw the run down(cycle world) :roll: :roll: a year ago before the zx10 and in the quarter, it was the gixxer1k...Speaking of wheelies Vince, ask Drew about his 1k wheelies in West Virginia at the drag strip...stand up the whole way with his grandmother in attendance...He must have done it 5 or 6 times in two days of racing...People didn't care if he won, they just wanted to see the stand up the length of the track...Needless to say the chicks liked it... :bounce: :shock: :D

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I'll tell you right now that the rider on the Gixxer1k and the 954 that you raced sucked. If two riders of equal skill raced, on on a liter bike and one on a 600, the six would get spanked.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you consider the Y2K to be stock? or that one bike that's coming out made by dodge. I read up on it and it said something about a Viper engine :shock: , holy cow!

The Y2K already has a Roll Royce Allison in it, the Viper would just literally rip you a new a**hole.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts