Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I may be there on the 23rd. It's my favorite track so far because of the run-offs. Just be careful with that back straight away. Study this video. It helped me a lot.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I may be there on the 23rd. It's my favorite track so far because of the run-offs. Just be careful with that back straight away. Study this video. It helped me a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57he3ms8xdo
and..I'll see you on the 23rd. Group of us will be congregated in the leftmost garages in the second set facing the gate. You're welcome to join us, typically plenty of food too. Some of them crack open a post trackday celebratory beer before hanging out and eventually heading out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I hope to have my bike all fixed by that time. That weekend will be a full shakedowm for me (rebuilt forks/rear shock, fresh valve job, new bodywork, and full track conversion) oooooooo weeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
205 Posts
i went in febuary and i fell in love with this track. i did run into a bit of traffic but alot of fun! the back str8 is a bit tricky. i had to focus on braking around same area more then any of the other braking areas. hope to see you guys there becuz im tired of being solo lol

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
and..I'll see you on the 23rd. Group of us will be congregated in the leftmost garages in the second set facing the gate. You're welcome to join us, typically plenty of food too. Some of them crack open a post trackday celebratory beer before hanging out and eventually heading out.
Cool mang. Thanks. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Who is riding what group? I'll be in Level II

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I'm getting the hitch put on since my gut is telling me this is going to be a regular occurrence. :cruising:
:D

Now that....is funny.

True though...too damn true.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
i checked online and said 22/23 is sold out????? but email them to be put on waiting list ;+(
Level 1 and Rider Development School is sold out for the 22nd.

The 23rd is a make up date from a rain out in October of last year, so I'm not surprised that there isn't space available.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I too will be going there that day. Novice too. It's track day so ima be very confused im sure!

Nevermind...I was planning on calling them up tomorrow at work. It's already sold out. Looks like I'll give the 21st a try!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Can't wait....freekin hell. Put new rubber on the other day, and mounted on the bike yesterday. Wiped her down a bit, will need to clean and lube the chain day of as I like to it when the chain is a little warm and my bike isn't street legal. (Cop lives down the street.)

First time w/Dunlop Q2s, hope they're as good as everybody says they are.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can't wait....freekin hell. Put new rubber on the other day, and mounted on the bike yesterday. Wiped her down a bit, will need to clean and lube the chain day of as I like to it when the chain is a little warm and my bike isn't street legal. (Cop lives down the street.)

First time w/Dunlop Q2s, hope they're as good as everybody says they are.
I just put Q2's on the other day as well. I'm liking them so far.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I just put Q2's on the other day as well. I'm liking them so far.
What were you running before?

I was running 2CTs, and 016s before that. Not such a big fan of Bridgestones, even though I've given them plenty of chances having run 010, 014 and the 016s.

I have a set of 003 RSs waiting to be spooned on my WR250x, but that is another story for another day. Hopefully those work out okay.

Big fan of Michelin tires so far though having run PP and these 2CTs. Really great feedback.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What were you running before?

I was running 2CTs, and 016s before that. Not such a big fan of Bridgestones, even though I've given them plenty of chances having run 010, 014 and the 016s.

I have a set of 003 RSs waiting to be spooned on my WR250x, but that is another story for another day. Hopefully those work out okay.

Big fan of Michelin tires so far though having run PP and these 2CTs. Really great feedback.
I was running Pirelli Diablo Rossos. Tread was still decent on them, but my Q2's feel like they hold better in corners so far. I've put on about 500 miles on them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
im in love with my bridgestone bt003 but i just got a pirelli supercorsa set i will try out. i heard nothing but positive feedback from pirelli supercorsa

1 - 20 of 39 Posts