Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Radiator sprung a leak this weekend. It's shooting out dead center out the front of the radiator. There's no visible damage from any debris, none of the fins are bent at all. Just wondering if anybody had this problem. My warranty was up in April so i guess i'm on my own.

Anybody have any thoughts on how this might have happened?? Could there be a bigger issue that i should be worried about? Possibly something clogged that's causing excessive pressure? If so, how would i be able to diagnose this?

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed another radiator and the same thing happened. Same place sprung a leak--dead center of the rad. I need some input here. This thing is costing me a fortune. I was told that it could be due to a pressure build up that is popping the rad. But wouldn't the rad cap bust before the rad would? Now i'm thinking thermostat is not opening enough, but again the rad cap should be the first to go....No??

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
I had a problem with one of my other vehicles. A main head bolt backed out about a quarter turn and compressions from the engine were escaping by the head gasket and getting into the coolant loop. Damn it took me forever to track that down.

As far as your Bike, It could be anything, take it to the shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts