Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Targa

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Larry's FE

Votes: 19 27.1%

Favored FE. What do you prefer/want.

2K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  TOMIMOTO 
#1 · (Edited)
Well there aren't too many FEs out yet for the 05s so I'll be waiting for some time but I can't decide on what one I want. What does everyone prefer?

I would like to easily remount the stock signals to the FE until I upgrade the signals. What one would make that easiest to do?

Also some pics of everyone's set up would be nice. Thanks.

#2 ·
i got the comp werkes.. awesome and great look.. by far the best one out there. above and beyone the rest of them...but costly

if you wanna put the money up for one then this is the one to get....

if you look real good though you can get one for like $120 like i got mine..brand new frm AZmotorsports.com

#6 · (Edited)
Hmm... after looking into the Competition Werkes a little more I'm starting to really like it. I think I'm going to get that one. It's 160 shipped from their website. Anyone know where to get it cheaper for an 05?

The little flushmount signals it comes with are really cool too and really clean up the tail.

You don't even really notice they're there.

If I were to get this would I have to worry about the FE bracket coming down on my tire hugger though? It looks really close and seems like one big bump will squish it.

#7 ·
It's on a hindge. It moves. THe 03-04 has a roller that rolls on the hugger. About the only thing better then the comp works it just pasting your plate right under your pipe flat with the plastic. So it could be even less visible.

I hate this FE because most people buy it. Then cry when they get a ticket because it's not legal. Well no crap, it's all the way under your bike, not in very good view and your plate has to be at teh rear of your bike, not in the middle. for looks yeah it's nice, if u want to be pulled over it's nice also. Just my opinion.

#8 ·
mabbottusmc said:
it's all the way under your bike, not in very good view and your plate has to be at teh rear of your bike, not in the middle. for looks yeah it's nice, if u want to be pulled over it's nice also. Just my opinion.

My thoughts too. I dont want to ride around expecting to get pulled.

#9 ·
I looked at FE's for a while but they were all too messy for me; I like the one I made; I've been thinking about an undertail; so I may get that instead

#10 ·
I've got the Comp Werkes, yes, it looks awesome. You may or may not want to paint the stainless steel pan black before you install, just depends on if you want a big shiny piece of stainless up under your seat.
I've never been pulled for it, if it happens and I get a ticket and come on here crying you can tell me "Suck it up, buttercup" or something like that. Around here the police don't screw with you unless you need screwing with, then they might start piling some tickets on ya.

#13 ·
see post 6.

#14 · (Edited)
Larry's FE w/LED plate lights. If you don't want the lights, the FE is only $33. I moved the turn signals back to the reflector brackets. The only problem (not much of a problem) was that I had to extend the right turn signal wire and run it through the passenger seat storage compartment b/c the light clips are on the left side. I just drilled a couple of holes in the plastic and ran the wire through it. BTW-Larry's top-notch with the service.

#15 ·
Up until last month I had a Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator. I got tired of getting pulled over for the plate not being visible. So finally, I decided to take it off and add a Targa fender eliminator instead. Actually, I've grown to like the Targa better. I think it looks fine, and I haven't been pulled over since.

#16 ·
efinit said:
Larry's FE w/LED plate lights. If you don't want the lights, the FE is only $33. I moved the turn signals back to the reflector brackets. The only problem (not much of a problem) was that I had to extend the right turn signal wire and run it through the passenger seat storage compartment b/c the light clips are on the left side. I just drilled a couple of holes in the plastic and ran the wire through it. BTW-Larry's top-notch with the service.
How long did it take to receive your FE form Larry? I ordered mine about a week and a half ago but still no FE.

#20 ·
cbrkid11 said:
pretty muchanything other than stock is illegal anways... so go comp werkes... you wont regret it at all..
Not to split hairs about the legality or illegality of fender eliminators, but if one set-up draws attention and gets you pulled over constantly, and one is more or less accepted by the local police, I'll opt for one that doesn't get me pulled over constantly.

I decided to take off my Competition Werkes FE because locally, the police take a dim view of them, and they constantly scrutinize them. So far the Targa FE has passed muster with them, regardless of their legality--- simply put, because the plate is plainly visible.

#21 ·
I just ordered the CW FE. There's a guy on this board from my town that I ride with and he has it. He also has the integrated turn signals and he hasn't been pulled over yet.

Hopefully I can get away with it. If not I'll probably have to sell it. Oh well. I like how it looks the best.

#22 ·
I decided I did really like any / have the money for the competition werks so I got the integraded turn signals and put my plate under the passenger seat. I have had officers behind me and nothing yet. Its almost like if you know how to ride it it must be alright but have met many riders without insurance licence ect.. Then if you get pulled over tell them it fell off yesterday and you ordered a new one.

#24 ·
Moose,
Looks great! That is exactly what I am looking for, although your link doesn't work and I cannot find the seller on ebay. Will you send me a link where I can purchase the FE? Also, you say it is easy to install; how difficult was the installation? Again, looks awesome!

#26 ·
This post was a lot of help. I was going to buy the Comp Works FE, but i just don't want to deal with the cops in this area. I am going with the Targa FE, it is also a lot cheaper.

My first mod for my 05rr awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.