Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been stopped/ticketed for their FE kit mounted to the battery tray. I live in AR, and have a friend (in AR) who got a ticket about a year ago for his FE kit. I just checked out the Arkansas Law Code :banghead: for a couple hours, and its questionable.
According to the code turn signals dont apply to motorcycles. Brake lights have to be visible in sunlight at no less than 500ft. Ihave the bikelites FE kit, would it be visible that far???The code also says the plate "shall be attached to the rear thereof" " be securely fastened in a horizontal postion". The battery tray is definatly not the front lol. and when i installed my FE kit i bent the plate down to be in the horizontal position. What are some of your states regs? and opinions on this??

·
Registered
526 Posts
I recently received a fix it ticket for not having a light on the plates. My bike is an 06 btw! I just bought the tripage FE which kicks ass! Not only does it look good but it was approved by the CHP! :icon_supe

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not that im worried about it, im not putting that fu(king whale tail back on it. i just want a little ammo if i get pulled over for it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
My buddy has a 07 RR and he got his kit and it said it was colorado DOT approved and he just tells that to the cop and shows them the paper that came with it and he gets out of the ticket. It wont stop you from being pulled over but maybe out of a ticket. He has been pulled over 6 times now.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Ya, I just moved to Ca. and not a week after being here I was pulled over in Mission Beach for "License Plate not on rear of vehicle." Be aware of your states (visiting states) laws and regulations. My plate was attached to a FE above the rear tire toward the suspension and this particular cop decide he didnt like it. Now it's attached to my Micron Dual exhaust. :^(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts