Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently order some CF side panels for the 05-06 600rr from feathercarbon.com and just got them in today and OMG!!! the quality is unbelievable and they look so sexy, cant wait to put them on and i will post up some pics when i get the chance. thomas, thank u for the time u put to make the parts and to moeman, thank u for actin like the liasion when i couldnt get a hold of thomas.the work is great and i would recommend him to anyone here. once again thanks to thomas for the time and the work. ur the greatest!!!

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
My Pleasure to help out bro

·
Registered
774 Posts
Yea post some pics as soon as you get them on. I ordered some parts from Thomas back in December and I'm still waiting on them, I've talked to Thomas a couple time about the hold up, and he's trying to figure out what the problem is. If this happened with any other merchant I'd be pretty pissed, but I understand that Feathercarbon is a one man show, and quality products take a while.
Hello, my name is Shady and I'm a Carbon Fiber addict.......GIVE ME SOME DAMN CARBON.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Moeman hooked me up straight, with a piece from feathercarbon. Their stuff is top notch! I'll be buying more carbon pieces from that company again real soon.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Feather Carbon's been good to me too !

Wish they made ram air tubes for the 05/06 ( hint.... hint... hint... )

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

pics are from phone and the lightin isnt the greatest will take more in the afternoon.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
first let me start by sayin to tape up the lower part of the tank to prevent scratches from occuring. first the parts look great, the doglegs and connection to the rear fairing is on the dot. as for installation, the last clip the connects to the rear tail was (this would be the clip the connects behind the Reservoir on the right side) was slightly big and wouldnt clip on correctly so i had to file it down a bit to allow enough space for it to clip thru. every other hole fit perfectly but the lack of the front clip on the CF panel that connects the side panel to the gas tank proved to be a lil hassle. this is because the CF panels angled out a bit causing a slight gap. this caused for me and my father to brainstorm to figure out how to close the gap. so what we did was added a washer to the screw that is located under the seat (if ur sittin on the bike these would be the screws under the top right and left corners of the seat) this allowed the side panels to close tighter to the frame allowing to close the gap. everything else fittin nicely. hope this helps a lil and sorry if i wasnt more detailed cuz i'm tryin to hurry this write to go out but if there are any other question ask away and i'll try to answer them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hardly think its a pleasure. I ordered some CF from Thomas on 11th Feb. Said he would send them out by 14th Feb. Card already charged in Feb but nothing arrived yet. Ignored every mail I've sent seeking clarification. Is this how it is dealing with feathercarbon? I personnally don't mind delays but at least tell me bout it, especially when you have already charged me for it.:evil3:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hardly think its a pleasure. I ordered some CF from Thomas on 11th Feb. Said he would send them out by 14th Feb. Card already charged in Feb but nothing arrived yet. Ignored every mail I've sent seeking clarification. Is this how it is dealing with feathercarbon? I personnally don't mind delays but at least tell me bout it, especially when you have already charged me for it.:evil3:
there were times where i had a hard time gettin a hold of him. but if u cant get to him try talkin to moeman on here. he helped me out alot with ordering and gettin info across. he is a one man business so most of the time he is pretty busy. hope things work out with u.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
ivant
I will try to get matters resolved on your behalf
wish me luck

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
^^^^moeman to the rescue again. dont know how u do it.
wonder if he lives next door or something ???? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
wonder if he lives next door or something ???? :icon_lol::icon_lol:
I wish i did i would have been making better money than what i am making now cause i would have taken over the sales calls , shipping , order taking etc etc :icon_lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I want to order the side panels for my 06, but I've been trying to call for the past several days with no answer....I'm also not crazy about the turnaround time, but I know he's a one man show.....any help?!?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
428 RR
email Thomas at [email protected] or if u have yahoo IM
add feathercarbon to your list and send him a request and once
u catch him on line instant message him & best of luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't mind long turn around times when your told up front that is the deal. However he told me that he would have my stuff out in a couple of days well over a month ago. No response to my emails so far. I know so many people like this. Excellent work/crap service so I'm not to stressed but he should try lowering peoples expectations. Say it will be 3 months and if the get it in one they are super happy instead of the other way around. Just venting peace.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts