Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats goin on guys... I know its far, but im planning ahead financially. It looks that my finances will free up around february so im planning on getting a bike then. My question is, by that time will bike prices be jacked up cause riding season is in view? or will it still be a good time to get a bike at a good price. I will be buying used, so stealerships arent really a factor.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Its not a bad time to buy, but keep in mind prices can be higher or lower depending on what bike you want to get. Normally they will be higher for newer bikes, plus riding season is starting up around that time so it will be a bit pricey either way. A good time to buy is around Dec.

Altho they'll be coming out with the 09 models so you can steal a deal on some leftover 08's...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
if you want to buy a used bike, anytime is a good time to buy. just look in the right places, be patient, and have cash in hand to swoop on a killer deal when it arises. sort of like playing the stock market- monitor all potential avenues and lay the money down when the good investment/deal presents itself.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats the lowest you think i could get a dealer to sell me an 08 for? I recently tried to get a left over 07 in beginning of august and they wouldnt budge below 9k.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Whats the lowest you think i could get a dealer to sell me an 08 for? I recently tried to get a left over 07 in beginning of august and they wouldnt budge below 9k.
Man that's weird. I'm from SC, and I talked to a dealership a few months back, one said they could get me out the door for 9k, another one said 10k, it just depends on who you talk to.... I would think though that you should be able to get an 08 for under 9k when the 09s come out though.....

But anyways man like some people have already said, it's not a bad idea to just be patient since you're not ready to buy a bike right away anyway, and you could possibly find a great deal on a used bike.... I, myself, purchased a used '08 and it only had 1100 miles on it, perfectly clean with not a scratch on it. Gotta great deal on it too....

Just be patient man and somethin will turn up... Good luck!

·
Registered
753 Posts
if you want to buy a used bike, anytime is a good time to buy. just look in the right places, be patient, and have cash in hand to swoop on a killer deal when it arises. sort of like playing the stock market- monitor all potential avenues and lay the money down when the good investment/deal presents itself.
Couldn't have said it better. Always buy from individuals and leave out the middle man. Find a motivated seller, (someone that spent too much on Christmas and his wife is yelling at him to sell the bike). It will still be too cold for most riders in Feb., so motivated sellers are not hard to find. Good luck.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will be cold here, but in the end of february it begins to warm up here in north carolina at the beach. I will endure the cold. a buddy of mine rides an 07 gsxr 750 and its his only mode of transport. Hes from up north CT. so i have a winter riding buddy

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Buy....buy..........buy

·
Registered
293 Posts
well if you are looking at buying a 07 its not really a big deal then most of them they will just be trying to get out of the shop anyways cause there just taking up space

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
As far as used bikes go, it doesn't really depend on the time of year, but on the seller. Sometimes just out of the blue some bikes will be a steal because the seller is moving, needs the money badly or is just really motivated for a quick sale. Just keep your eyes on the used bike forums, craigslist or other classifieds and you might just find a great deal. You really gotta be patient when it comes to used bikes. Never buy the first one you see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts