Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Do it, Don't back down, plenty of money to cut. How about they go on a pay freeze until they figure it out? No more vacations, no more weekends off. This isn't a freaking game. Sit there like grown people and figure it out.

And going off of what someone said today.
"We have to find a way to pay for it all"

We don't have to find a way to pay for it all, we have to find a way for you to stop spending it all and then some. Were not an unlimited credit card with no interest. Your limit is maxed out and your behind on the payment. JUST STOP SPENDING ON STUPID STUFF AND THIS WILL ALL BE OVER WITH.
Give the small business's of this great country a chance. We can't all work for the government, it won't work.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sadly this is for real. Im praying they figure it out fast. Im military and i will be paid on the 15th but it will only cover the 1st-8th of april which means my paycheck will be half if they dont get their **** together.

Im not too worried though as im sure they will not want to screw 1000s of familys. But then again they always can.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
yup very true...im a fed employee and they are telling us to be prepared for next week just in case

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Do it, Don't back down, plenty of money to cut. How about they go on a pay freeze until they figure it out? No more vacations, no more weekends off. This isn't a freaking game. Sit there like grown people and figure it out.

And going off of what someone said today.
"We have to find a way to pay for it all"

We don't have to find a way to pay for it all, we have to find a way for you to stop spending it all and then some. Were not an unlimited credit card with no interest. Your limit is maxed out and your behind on the payment. JUST STOP SPENDING ON STUPID STUFF AND THIS WILL ALL BE OVER WITH.
Give the small business's of this great country a chance. We can't all work for the government, it won't work.
Pay freeze? There will be no freezing, it will be checks bouncing. People that are still required to work will get IOUs instead of money.

The problem is that the only thing both parties care about is politics... Who's going to benefit from this crisis the most. Neither party cares about actually solving anything, they just want to play political football and make it seem like they are actually doing something constructive.

At some point, everyone is going to have to face the facts, you don't solve trillion dollar deficits by slashing 30 - 50 million dollar programs while leaving the 700 billion programs alone. You can't fund 2.1 wars abroad while axing all the socially beneficial program. You either have to start doing something about the big 3 (Military, Social security and Medicare/aid) and/or you raise taxes (i.e. stop giving tax breaks to the rich).

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Pay freeze? There will be no freezing, it will be checks bouncing. People that are still required to work will get IOUs instead of money.

The problem is that the only thing both parties care about is politics... Who's going to benefit from this crisis the most. Neither party cares about actually solving anything, they just want to play political football and make it seem like they are actually doing something constructive.

At some point, everyone is going to have to face the facts, you don't solve trillion dollar deficits by slashing 30 - 50 million dollar programs while leaving the 700 billion programs alone. You can't fund 2.1 wars abroad while axing all the socially beneficial program. You either have to start doing something about the big 3 (Military, Social security and Medicare/aid) and/or you raise taxes (i.e. stop giving tax breaks to the rich).
I am saying that both Republican and Democrat parties responsible for the budget need to go on a pay freeze until this is resolved, stop taking time off. 2 weeks off for Easter, talk about not ever working. Pbeaul we agree on most of this.
I think shutdown will occur but only for the weekend, this will give people a chance to pick a side that is do blame. Blame should all be on those that were required by law to create a budget almost a year ago to the day. They didn't do one, wonder why?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
yup...some of us have mortgages to pay =/

·
Super Moderator
2,396 Posts
There is still a slight chance of something getting resolved today, but I don't see it happening. Neither does the military because my mid month pay has been posted already and it is only 8 days worth of pay. Glad I have money saved and won't really be affected as long as it doesn't last for months, but there are many military members who live paycheck to paycheck who are in for a world of hurt.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Just make sure they know who would have vetoed the bill Rep had ready to go. Military fully paid for till the end of year. "NO, I WILL VETO THIS BILL"

Democrates started this by not doing their job last year by not giving a budget for the fiscal year. Now they are trying to blame Republicans for this. We wouldn't be in this situation if you all would have done your jobs in the first place. I am not taking sides just want those who are collecting a nice pay check for doing nothing to be known.

I really feel a regular person who pays their own bills and makes their own money by going to work could do a better job than everyone in DC. Does everyone their think we are stupid and don't see what is going on?

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Does everyone their think we are stupid and don't see what is going on?
Simply put, yes. That's exactly what they think, and is 98% true. Most people have no ******* clue what is going on. That's part of the reason it has gotten this far.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts