Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I am considering selling this bike to make room for my dream bike 2004 rc51.
this bike has 7k on her. engine is being rebuilt by honda dealership as we speak for faulty piston rings. No big deal. It has a full arata ti system, pcIII with custom map done by power commander themselves in vegas. oem seat cowl, watsens gloss black front signals, CA rear tail light, custom FE, powdercoat everything. five year warranty, new rear tire 400 miles if that on it. never raced stunted abused etc... oil changes (mx4t) every 2000 miles. i would like 9 for it with the arata and pcIII. Am i being resonable?

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
sounds a bit high, imo. mods unfortunately don't add to the value much. it's often better to make it stock and sell the mods separately.

why didn't you just git an '04 rc51 instead of the '05 rr?

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
yeah, it's typically better to sell the parts separately, although i doubt you'd get that much for a used exhaust and pciii.

unfortunately, just because YOU need that much to pay off the loan doesn't mean that somebody else will pay you that much for the bike. when you buy a new bike, you have to anticipate some pretty serious depreciation the minute you drive off the lot.

·
Registered
643 Posts
66RRJOE said:
well 9 would pay it off and get the title, if i sold it for less i would have to get the money somehow to pay the diffrence. i should have gotten the rc first and saved alot of money in the end i suppose.
It's the same as a car bro. You're upside down vs. market value for a few years on this bike. If you tried to sell a car the year you bought it, you wouldn't get anything close to what your loan is. You're probably gonna have to take a loss to get your RC. Either way, good luck with it, my friend.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
1.the hell with the RC keep that bike man and enjoy it
unless you got some extra funds to throw away
2. sell your bike for less buy a used RC for the same price
and cough up the payoff difference

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
nien on the nine buddy. lol. even with the Arata.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
i'd say no more than $8,000 w/mods..it sucks but like most have said..the mods don't do much for increasing the overall value of the bike..unless you can find a sucker..but then you'd probably feel bad

i've been looking at a RC as well..but i can't let my RR go..

·
Registered
412 Posts
i agree, most people would rather have a new bike for 9k than the exact same bike used with a few mods. it sucks, im in the same boat with you, i need to sell mine for payoff as well. just strip her down and get her back to stock like everyone said and sell the aftermarket parts seperately. or just keep it...

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
yep, strip it, youll make up the difference that way.
dibs on everything, lol. And you know im gonna low ball you too. lol.

·
Registered
460 Posts
66RRJOE said:
well 9 would pay it off and get the title, if i sold it for less i would have to get the money somehow to pay the diffrence. i should have gotten the rc first and saved alot of money in the end i suppose.
How in the hell do you owe 9 grand on the bike still? I bought mine for slightly over 8 tax and title, brand new. What did you pay?

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
9 is way high. even with the mods and stuff, I wouldn't pay more than 7500 or so.

Someone on craigslist yesterday was selling his '05 with 44 miles on it for 7200.

and his didn't have a motor that was being torn apart

·
Registered
643 Posts
Aeteocles said:
9 is way high. even with the mods and stuff, I wouldn't pay more than 7500 or so.

Someone on craigslist yesterday was selling his '05 with 44 miles on it for 7200.

and his didn't have a motor that was being torn apart
But did it come with its own "Stolen" title??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts