Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering selling my 03 with only 4500 miles. Its in amazing yet busted shape.. The bike overall is exceptional except for the engine. From what I understand it needs the valves redone.

It overheated during a trackday and according to Jett Tuning (in Camarillo) the valves and possibly other internals are busted. It starts up, rides, but makes an annoying ticking noise once you get above 3-4k RPM..

How much do you guys think I can sell it for? Its a very clean bike (Im the 2nd owner) except for that it needs some engine work. Here are a couple photos:

·
Registered
222 Posts
looks clean.. how much to get the valves done?? I have an 06 with 4000 miles on it.. about when in a bikes life do the valves need to be redone??

·
Registered
753 Posts
Why do you want to sell it? You weren't lying, it looks like it's in great shape besides the engine problems.. which are quite the turn off to any seller who isn't comfortable tearing apart their motor and rebuilding it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Im considering selling my 03 with only 4500 miles. Its in amazing yet busted shape.. The bike overall is exceptional except for the engine. From what I understand it needs the valves redone.

It overheated during a trackday and according to Jett Tuning (in Camarillo) the valves and possibly other internals are busted. It starts up, rides, but makes an annoying ticking noise once you get above 3-4k RPM..

How much do you guys think I can sell it for? Its a very clean bike (Im the 2nd owner) except for that it needs some engine work. Here are a couple photos:
Fix this beauty!! :cruising:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
if the engine was working properly, then $4500+. how the hell did you manage to only put 4500 miles on the clock during the course of 5 years?! i put 1,000 miles a month on mine! :laughing1. in it's current state, unfortunately- i'd say $3-4000 or less. valves are every 16,000- it does not need a valve job. if it starts up and rides fine, it really can't be that bad. it could just be a bad CCT making the ticking. overheating one time shouldn't completely fu<k it up. if i were you i'd fix before selling because you're gonna get seriously lowballed if you disclose this information and/or the noise is readily apparent and obviously abnormal. getting a loud exhaust instead of the stocker could also help the sale along since it would divert attention from the engine noise to the exhaust (if you wanna be shady). i still say "if it runs fine- it probably is fine" and i think it may be in better shape than you think.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts