Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I was riding between appointments and feeling great, riding quite a bit too agressive for street riding, leaning close enough to touch knee to the ground. Then after my last appointment, I stopped at a red light turning right. I looked left and the traffic was stopped, but the traffic going from right to left (on the other side) was moving... I looked back to the right to make sure the girl (stunning Persian looking type, you know...) at the crosswalk wasnt going to move in my way. Well, maybe I looked a little too long as I took off I saw a truck doing a U-y into me... I hit the brakes and the bike startd to fall. I had to kick off to the falling side to save it... Close as you can get with out it going down. Not the first time a pretty girl almost caused me to crash.

Well, after that I was getting on the freeway and I went into a tight clover onramp with alot of lean... My back end hit something slippery and it slid... A LOT! While it was sliding, I had plenty of time to think, "Whoa chit! Grip, grip, grip... but not too much...." I couldnt decide whether easing off the throttle would help, so I didnt, hoping for grip... Well, maybe I eased up a tiny bit... I was also thinking about whether to stick my right leg out as I had to put a lot of countersteer on while trying my best to straighten out. I thought I would go down. Very scarey. I saved it..

I went home very safely after that.. I wasnt going to see what happened the third time. Anyway, its just so strange how you can go from feeling really good about riding to losing all confidence... And it made me think that riding like that does feel good, but its gonna feel bad eventually if you push it.

today, Im all good. Just thought Id share...

Ride safe

·
Registered
461 Posts
be careful! it's good we have these 'oh chit' moments that wake us up..

·
The AC (Ambidextrous Club) Unite! #001
1,866 Posts
oh scary. Don't let up off the throttle. That's what I did and I dumped my old bike. I'm glad that you didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thats when you go home relax, think about what you did wrong, and try to figure out how you could have avoided it. Don't worry, it happens to all of us at some point in time, a seconds inattention, a slick spot, over confidence, it can give you a wake up call.

K

·
0 Posts
liquid tar build up? i had that same thing happen on my EX. You'd never know it was there until you needed to turn.

tar sucks.

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
That happend to me but then the tire finally gripped and almost threw me into a highside. Banged my knee against the bike super hard.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I was always taught that if that rear end starts to slide just keep on the throttle...the worst that will happen is it will lowside....you let off the throttle and it will throw you like a fricken bull.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
xcessiv said:
ya i have been there, but not in 1 day! those moments are always embarassing too. im glad u werent hurt man!
Oh, no doubt... I was far less concerned about dropping my bike and the damage that might happen than the embarassment of dropping it right in front of the hotty...

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
RRFLYER said:
I was always taught that if that rear end starts to slide just keep on the throttle...the worst that will happen is it will lowside....you let off the throttle and it will throw you like a fricken bull.
heard the same thing.... but keep an even throttle.... if you keep accelerating then it will keep spinning... keep an even throttle and just ride it out.. the same as in a car.... more throttle equalls spinout....

·
Registered
25 Posts
real glad you wernt hurt, but i would have to advise not to ever put your foot down. especially on the hoghway.that is if you want to keep your feet / legs - nice save though

·
Registered
422 Posts
glad you were able to save it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts