Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I noticed this as soon as I got it new, started the engine and sat on the bike. What causes this? Could it be the fuel pump?
Fuel sloshing in the tank?

When I am sitting on mine I kind of rock it side to side slightly to keep it near the balance point to keep the weight off my legs as much as possible... but that is a conscious thing.

·
Alcoholic.
1,852 Posts
As we always say in AutoX, Time to fix the loose nut behind the wheel, or handlebars in this case. Sounds like its in your head, maybe your not super comfy on the bike yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This swaying can not be fuel in the tank splashing, or loose bolts/nuts.

i could sit on the bike while it is idling, and it will continue to sway, for a long long time. and the rocking back and forth is not at random. it is constant. i just went and measured it it sways about once every second from right to left then left to right. i now have 4000miles on it, and it is still as pronounced as the fit=rst few weeks when i had the bike.
what else could it be? maybe crank shaft? but it would have to be something that slowly rotates, and also the rotation inside the engine (if it is a part inside the engine like a crank shaft) must be 90 deg to the longitudinal axis (latitudinal). in other words, it can not be the cylinders, or anything else that rotates latitudinally, otherwise it would not sway left to right, it would sway forward and reverse.
I had a gixxer before, and a another cbr before that. i would definitely know if it was fuel splashing, or something loose.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've also felt very slight swaying. Then I figured out it was just a little wind pushing the bike. The RR is very light so a small amount of gust can make it feel like a sway.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Bad engine mount? Take it to the dealer and explain it to them. Better yet stick a camera on the tank, put a level in front of the lens and put the video on youtube. I doubt you are crazy but you've gotta have some evidence.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I think i noticed this as well today, a very very slight oscillation when I would rev it.. balanced perfectly between my legs when I am standing over the seat. Whatever it is, I am sure its normal, I wouldnt worry about it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think i noticed this as well today, a very very slight oscillation when I would rev it.. balanced perfectly between my legs when I am standing over the seat. Whatever it is, I am sure its normal, I wouldnt worry about it.
thanks dude. u rock.. I KNEW I WAS NOT CRAZY.. :) but just curious what it could be..

·
Registered
29 Posts
i noticed this on my 08 yesterday. If the bike was perfectly vertical at a stoplight, idling, in neutral there was a very slight oscillation. if i put it in gear and held the clutch it stopped... thought i was getting dizzy for a minute until i remembered reading this thread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts