Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share a picture from my last track day. I finally started riding in the advanced paced groups at the track days and been having so much fun. I can't wait to start racing, I'm shooting for starting in January 2006.

Starting to ride with the liter bikes...darn those bikes on the straights :) About to pass the Duc and getting chased by the Gixxers, I'm the one with the #16 on front of the bike.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
you running the pilot powers at that pace???

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eazy e said:
you running the pilot powers at that pace???
actually, yeah, it's pretty crazy. Everyone has been saying it's nuts that I haven't tried the DOT race tires yet, but I've finally pushed the Pilot Powers to it's limits. They have been consistently sliding out at that pace.

That same day I finally tried my first DOT race tires, the Michelin Power Races. Took a little bit getting used to but I think I'm good. They just want to turn in and they are really squirrely but they feel good on lean. I can lean more and drive more with the race tires, it's awesome.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I've yet to really get mine to slide much. Running Diablo Corsa's. Is it a pretty predictable slide????

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, once you slide once, you'll know how much lean and how much throttle it takes to do it. On an aggressive lean angle, it feels scary on the Pilot Powers but with the Power Races, I know I still have some lean left that I haven't tapped into.

Definitely try the Pilot Powers out, they last a long time too. I'm pretty much set on Michelins now but I'm still going to try some other race tires to find out what I like best.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
yeah, well...it will be a while. I've got 3 sets of corsas right now

thanks for the info man.

nice pic btw.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Showoff! Look at me, I'm so good.

J/K. Like I told you yesterday, that pic is sweet.

Now I have to go find myself a slower riding buddy - one that i can keep up with.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha. thanks. if I'm not pulling faster times than the pros than i am slooooooooow

·
Registered
780 Posts
congrats dude!...i was in the same boat as you were like 2 months ago, my lap times were progressing everytime, i was sooo stoked nothing felt better.... then i went down broke some ribs and that set me back =(

p.s... power races rule!

·
Over the berm, and thru the woods, to grandmothers
1,220 Posts
The picture won't dl for me. I wanna see too..

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
I see's it and it looks damn sweet.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome, thanks everyone! This is definitely so much fun.

[email protected], sorry to hear about the broken ribs. I know I'm going to go down one of these days, it's just a matter of when. I already feel like I'm close to low siding and I've had a couple high side close calls. Shakes me up a bit but I keep on going :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wow, nice pic Ryan. I was there too, but was riding in the lowly Intermediate level! =) Yeah, those liter bikes can be a pain to pass but I think they're good for practicing late braking ;-) I'm still sore from Sunday, but will be at Buttonwillow on the 28th :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks MWiley600RR. It will be fun to start racing next year. I'll probably be bugging you with questions :) Hope you don't mind.

Vtec44, awesome. haha, let's ride Level 3 next time. I might be going to Buttonwillow on the 28th so see you there if I end up going. Who won the free trackday at last saturday's BBQ?

·
Registered
334 Posts
predikt said:
Vtec44, awesome. haha, let's ride Level 3 next time. I might be going to Buttonwillow on the 28th so see you there if I end up going. Who won the free trackday at last saturday's BBQ?
I'm not as crazy or as fast to fight it in L3 :p Tjtripp on my board won it, we'll be out there again in Sept I hope. I'm pitting at garage #3 at Buttonwillow. One of our girls is going to bring a portable AC... so we'll be styling in a cool garage. Hey, you're more than welcome to pit with us =D

1 - 20 of 49 Posts