Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know his name, or who he was. I do know that a van turned into him while going thru town. He was doing nothing wrong, just going his way.

Please be carefull and never let your guard down, especially in-town.
God Bless.

The small clip in the paper read.........

Motorcyclist dies in collision with van

" A motorcyclist died Wednesday after colliding with a van in downtown Holly Springs. The name of the man, a Holly Springs resident, was not released late Wednesday while police notified his family of the death. A van driven by Peter Douglas Schatz, 40, of Apex, struck the motorcycle near the intersection of Main and Earp streets, according to a Holly Springs news release.The motorcyclist had the right of way.
No charges had been filed Wednesday in connection with the accident.

·
Registered
736 Posts
that is bad. i always remember that it could happen at any time. my regards go to the family

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
bobbis said:
No charges had been filed Wednesday in connection with the accident.
This is what pisses me off more than anything. My wife gets angry with me because I rant about bad drivers all the time. Yesterday was a perfect example. We were driving down a four lane city street with minimal traffic in both directions, when, about 50 yards ahead, I see a car approaching the street from a retail parking lot. Does this car stop? Oh hell no, in fact he glances at the traffic while pulling up to the street entrance, and floors the gas to beat the traffic. I didn't have to brake, but all I kept thinking was that in the time it took all this to happen was about ten seconds, and there is no way he could have seen a motorcycle in the course of action that he took. Usually when I bring up this point, the wife agrees, and remembers how hard it is to bite my toungue with asshats driving around like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts