Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHOAH!!!

I recently got a new carbon Scorpion pipe which I chopped 2.5 inches. Not an easy task. Almost 4 hours with all the pre-meassuring. Meassure 20x times and cut once scpecially for a 500 dollar + pipe.

Okay. I take her for a spin and the thing is way too LOUD. I rode with my buddys who has a Leo Vince and D&D and I came so close to the D&D it was scarry. The D&D is still crazy loud, but the chopped scorpion is just as loud.

It's also nice and deep. I think the chopped Carbon Scorpion version has the Two Bros Carbon beat. IMO. Maybe if you cut the Two Bros then it would win.
------

How do you D&D people handle the noise? I was riding in 4th and I was causing a scene. My buddy who had the Leo said he couldn't hear his own pipe. He could still hear the D&D and the scorpion, but not his. LOL

I love it. Not as loud as a screaming Eagle or Van & Hines, but I'm just as loud and freaking deep.

Can't wait for the speed passed tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Rode out to the track with my buddy Adam, he has a hayabusa with a boz bros exhaust. That thing is loud I could barely hear my mp3 player let alone my own exhaust. Time to invest in some ear plugs!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I second that opinion wear ear plugs

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
What I cant figure Is WHY.. Why would you even 1 want to be that loud and 2 why chop a good exhaust. Well It is reall none of my business and not my thing, But IMO seem's.. Well a waste. Glad you like It though
Have a good day all :rocker:
Stephen

·
Registered
960 Posts
Im running a straight pipe no cat no muffler no baffles im sure im pretty damn loud. BUt its starting to get normal to me.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Well I know that my Comp Arrow Exhaust Is SICK loud, But I can not figure why chop / cut what ever to make It louder.. Hmm well none of my business really just dont understand. I would think you will attract more attention than you need.
Just my .02
Stephen

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Keep it up guys, at the rate you all are going, they're gonna slap a noise limit on sport bikes, starting with cali... Haha, but by that time you will all be deaf from not wearing earplugs anyway.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Oh. dont get me wrong I wear plugs.. :rocker:

Keep it up guys, at the rate you all are going, they're gonna slap a noise limit on sport bikes, starting with cali... Haha, but by that time you will all be deaf from not wearing earplugs anyway.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have ear plugs too they are the annoying ones you have to bury in your ears though and im no were near cali we barely have emissions here in albuquerque right now.

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
To late:

Noise Restrictions
23130. (a) No person shall operate a motor vehicle under any condition of grade, load, acceleration, or deceleration in such a manner as to exceed the following noise limit for the category of motor vehicle within the speed limits specified in this section:
(2) Any motorcycle other than a motor-driven cycle at a speed limit of 45 or less..... 82 dbA. Any motorcycle other than a motor-driven cycle at a speed limit of 45 or more..... 86 dbA.
(a) The noise limits, within a speed zone of 35 miles per hour or less on level streets, or streets with a grade not exceeding plus or minus 1 percent, shall be:
(2) Any motorcycle other than a motor-driven cycle..... 77 dbA
27150.8. The manufacturers of motorcycles and motorcycle accessories shall certify to the department that the exhaust system is in compliance with the standards and regulations adopted by the commissioner.
27201. For the purposes of Section 27200, the noise limit of 92 dbA shall apply to any motorcycle manufactured before 1970.
27200, the following noise limits shall apply to any motorcycle, other than a motor-driven cycle, manufactured:
(1) After 1969, and before 1973..... 88 dbA
(2) After 1972, and before 1975..... 86 dbA
(3) After 1974, and before 1986..... 83 dbA
(4) After 1985..... 80 dbA

:supergay:

edit: some parts of the vc are missing to shorten up the whole thing.
Edit #2: I believe their was a state that was trying to ban modified exhausts all together a few months back.

·
Registered
960 Posts
NO many cops carry DB readers with them. So its not that easy for it to hold up in court. just a nusiance for the most part because they can give you the ticket but it wont stand up in court.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Considering that we wear them round things around our domes, stuffing plugs down our ear canal is basically our only option.

You know what's funny tho. I know and have ridden with a couple of peeps, 1 says his bike isn't lound enough and he can't hear his bike over ours, akro s/o on a 02 R1.

The other went and put a Zaardi exhaust on her ducati, says the stock piping was too quiet.

Yet both of em are always riding around with a damn ipod blasting in their ear.

I always laugh to myself when I see em. I told both of em and several others to get earplugs, but they don't hear me tho... Maybe its because they're deaf.

·
Simmonds steak Do not leave the kitchen without it
14,811 Posts
Im running a straight pipe no cat no muffler no baffles im sure im pretty damn loud. BUt its starting to get normal to me.
starting to sound normal because your starting to go deaf :tongue11: lol.
Yeah we have the noise ordinance thing in act over here. If you go down to Alki Beach in Seattle, some cops carry DB readers because its a hot bike spot during the summer. I know Kirkland waterfront also is really up tight about noise ordinances. They have signs up telling you to stay out if you have a loud exhaust or sound system.

·
Professional smart @ss
2,345 Posts
NO many cops carry DB readers with them. So its not that easy for it to hold up in court. just a nusiance for the most part because they can give you the ticket but it wont stand up in court.
doesnt matter if they have a meter or not, they can still get you for having a modified exhaust. you lose either way

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Isn't it only one ear can be plugged while operating a vehicle in California? Ears plugs are dangerous, especially in city driving. You need all your senses. Take the loud poser pipe off, it's trouble around here in LA.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Whatajourney.. Why dont you just add more packing in the muffler? It's only like 15 bucks for a muffler repacking kit.

Problem Solved.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I dont know about muffler packing because i dont have a muffler lol. Cops here have seen my bike pass them louder then hell and they just give me a wave. There is a noise ordinance and there is a modified exhaust ordinance both are pretty easy to get out of. YOu go to court with a receipt from any shop saying they put your stock exhaust back on. Since i have worked in numerous shops in town i dont find this to be a problem at all. Im more worried about getting it tuned with the straight pipe then anything.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
i think he wants it that loud.......who knows why......
a little more burble at idle and rasp at speed and crack under acceleration is good but just out and out loud , not for me thanks, plus most tracks have noise limits and getting black flagged suxx, and mine has dec readers at it!

·
"Superman dat hoe"
1,702 Posts
Journey after you cut the 2.5 inches off did you place all of the packing back in the now shorter can or did you just leave the material you cut out?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts