To feminize, or not...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am having a dilemma. I am a 25yo fem, and have an 05 red/black. I absolutely love my bike, and have done a lot of mods to it. Well maybe not a lot, but several...

Anyway... there is nothing about my bike that distinguishes it as a girl bike. I have thought about putting something feminine on it a couple times, but never have. I am not a girlie girl by ANY means, but am proud of my bike, and proud to be a girl on my bike :) So should I do anything to change it a bit? It would be very minor, almost unnoticeable...

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
184 Posts
It is your bike, so do with it as you please. Everyone adds alittle here or there that makes it different from others. IMO go for it. But that is just my $0.02

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
yes i think you should make it your own! make it reflect your personallity or how u feel.. something that is unique.. i would re-paint it if i were u haha

·
Registered
55 Posts
Give it your own flava.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
So I am having a dilemma. I am a 25yo fem, and have an 05 red/black. I absolutely love my bike, and have done a lot of mods to it. Well maybe not a lot, but several...

Anyway... there is nothing about my bike that distinguishes it as a girl bike. I have thought about putting something feminine on it a couple times, but never have. I am not a girlie girl by ANY means, but am proud of my bike, and proud to be a girl on my bike :) So should I do anything to change it a bit? It would be very minor, almost unnoticeable...

Your thoughts?
not true, u being on ur bike makes u distinguished :biggrin:

I guess if i was female, i wouldnt really care if other people saw my bike and were able to tell if it was a "girl's bike or not". But hey, def do what u feel is right and check out some threads on here where female riders have put on stuff like pink rim tape, pink decals/paint, etc

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey its your bike. do whatever you want to it. if we all didnt put our own little twists into things, it would be a pretty boring world!!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
You can get a set of OEM stickers in custom colors (ebay, or google it). One girl on the forum got pink stickers on her white 07, it looked sweet.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
You can get a set of OEM stickers in custom colors (ebay, or google it). One girl on the forum got pink stickers on her white 07, it looked sweet.
someone on this forum also did something kinda like that, but it was an all black 05/06, and the stickers like the "honda" on the bottom, "cbr600rr" on the tail, and "cbr" on the mids, were all PINK! thinking about that makes it seem corney till u see it, it looked pretty sweet!

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
sportbike girls are bad a$$ i wanna be associated with one.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know it's my bike and I can do what I want with it... I was merely looking for opinions... I am torn 50:50, so depending on what everyone thought, then perhaps I will change something...

however, for the record... I don't do pink :) (I am far from a girlie girl)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well, I am in the same boat as you! I am a female rider on a black 06 RR, and I wouldn't mind it being somehow noted it is a females bike, but I also DO NOT DO PINK! Good thread you started here. If anyone has some suggestions for us non-pink ladies, let us know please.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just leave it as it is. When people see you get on, they will be like, "DAYUMM a girl!"

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, true, true... There will be no question when I am on it that it is mine, that and my name is on the plate... sad, I know...
I am sure when all is said and done I will have done nothing to it, for nothing will strike me right... Oh well, I appreciate all the input though!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
being a chick myself i also wondered how to 'girl it up' when i first started.. but honestly.. after riding a few months, id rather people NOT know im a chick rider.. less attention that way.. fewer cool guys in their cars tryin to play catch up to check out the chick.. sh*t gets dangerous at times. you should make your bike your own, but personally im against the attention seeking.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Has the question of whether the bike has been sexed come into play? I'm a dude, and I like the idea of having the bike be a dude because it operates like clockwork, more logically than female chemistry, in my opinion. But from a top view, the way the tank bleeds into the seat, then the tail piece: it's totally a chic's body. That doesn't mean I am going to put a bunch of pink stickers on. So, I guess I have inadvertently answered my own question, sexed bike or not; doesn't matter.

Put a furry fob on you key and call it a day!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, I am in the same boat as you! I am a female rider on a black 06 RR, and I wouldn't mind it being somehow noted it is a females bike, but I also DO NOT DO PINK! Good thread you started here. If anyone has some suggestions for us non-pink ladies, let us know please.
Same problem here...female rider. I love pink but despise putting it on my bike not to mention my husband likes to swap and ride mine. I would like to add a feminine touch but I don't see anything worthwhile. Most of the logos and stickers I've seen on other websites are kinda tacky. So at this point I just try to keep my gear feminine.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts