Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Cops Harass You for Chicken Sh!t Reasons

• YES - They bug me for seemingly - NO EFFING REASON

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • NO - They fly right by and let me be free!

Votes: 37 72.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but I have to vent here. I have been pulled over 3 F*&%K!NG times in the past 2 weeks, because my license plate isn't in the stock location. Seriously??? They don't have ANYTHING better to do than harass me in my slacks and tie on the freeway? I guess there's a short supply of crime in Reno (HA! j/k)

I mean - what gives here??? The plate is clearly visible, it has it's own LED light, I have turn signals, albeit flush mount but they are very visible. And it shouldn't matter. Nevada law specifically states that the turn signals just need to be mounted at the same level and as widely paced as laterally as practicable. Maybe that's why they busted me on that - because the stock fender has the turn signals wider than flush mount ones???

Granted, I do NOT have a red rear reflector anymore (also busted for that) but how chicken sh!t is that?? On top of it, only ONE of the cops was remotely cool about it.

So now I have two tickets. One for just the license plate being out of the stock location (which btw is bogus in my book because I cant find a SINGLE law on the books that even TALKS about the "stock" location of a license plate.) and another ticket for the turn signals, plate (again), and missing reflector.

I am so p!$$ed! If I don't fix it....$250. If I do, they STILL might charge me!!!

Anyone else have issues like this with the cops? Do they just harass sport bikes (I'm pretty new - less than a year)? Cause the Harley and custom chopper guys have their stuff all over the back of their bike...and not in the "stock" locations.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Sucks mang, seems like they are just effin with you. Over here they I wave at bike cops and they wave back. Cops and CHiPs pass me, going 5-10 over mind you, and don't even look in my direction. But when I was in my modified Civic, forget about it. They couldn't leave me alone. Folowing me for blocks waiting for me to slip. Now I've got something faster and they don't even bother? HA!

·
Registered
901 Posts
here in md its a $55 fine fak um ill take the fine and pay it ive been stopped twice and harrased 3 or 4 times in parking lots .. i always say the same thing .. run my tags and my ls cause thats all this is about anyway if you want to right me a ticket go ahead ill just pay it and leave my tag just how it is .. they never do its just a reason to pull you over when there bored and feel like playin tough guy .. i have cops slow right off my corner to run my tags on the highway here all the time .. once they see you have a bike licence they usualy leave you alone ..

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Gay...

I dont know of many people here in Missouri being messed with for these things. But then again I think Missouri has to be one the bigger bike states.

Thus stating this, I dont have my Int. tail light yet and by saying this I've probably just screwed myself lol ! :wave:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Here in florida we dont get harrassed for really anything. I have int. tail light, my license plate is so angled you can't read it and no plate light. I rode around for a while without my endorsment. It was suppose to be jail time if you got pulled over, well I got pulled over and just got a small ticket. Your situation is bs, that really sucks...

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've been pulled over twice for that same thing but never given a ticket. I have it lit up with leds and it's very visible from behind but I still get crap over it. Still love Tripage's kit and I'm not changing it. Screw 'em.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Arkansas is pretty lenient on stuff like this for bikes. I have an elim kit on my bike and no LP light. Flush mount led front signals and led rear signals on shorty stalks. I've had cops follow me from my house (3 of my neighbors are cops) over half way to work and never once have had any of them say anything to me. Hell, my one cop neighbor has an RR too and has the same setup. HA!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Depending on ur state and location, cops can be douchbags or they can be chill. Around here i've been harrased many times also, even tho I try to be a law abiding citizen and my bike mostly conforms to specifications.

So i think they are just effin with you. Get those tickets taken care of or get a lawyer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ftp! ive been pulled over so many times here in cali that ive filed formal complaints. nothing can be done if you don't speak up

·
Registered
60 Posts
Anyone else have issues like this with the cops? Do they just harass sport bikes (I'm pretty new - less than a year)? Cause the Harley and custom chopper guys have their stuff all over the back of their bike...and not in the "stock" locations.

ive been pulled over here in huntington beach, ca. and the cop who pulled me over said they're out to find us. the manner in which i was stopped was pre-text, he did not want to give me reason as to why i was pulled over until he walked to the back of my bike. f.e., so he said my fender eliminator woulnt be visible for the toll road , b.s., then proceded to tell me that h.b. doesn't like sport bike's and if you ride through you will be pulled over just to check if ur legit, which i am. so i asked him if there was probable cause for my being pulled over, no answer. all i did was take it to chp and they laughed at this waste of time ticket signed off no quetins asked.

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
And there is the truth of the whole thing... How F*CKING ******** is it that we are dealing with harassment over a "loud pipe" or a "non oem fender" and these guys roll around with their plates off the side of their swingarm, around their chainguard, invisible, w/e... and we get effed. We get harassed because our pipes are producing 100 decibals instead of the legal 80ish and these harleys with cut-off and drag pipes are killing childrens ears with ear piercing 120+ decibals?!!?!?!??!! Makes no sense to me... I think the ones that harass and leave the other "real bikers" alone are taking turns plugging their sweet spot :supergay:

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
^^^ I've never understood how the Harley guys get away running open header either, that and their oh so cool 1/4 helmets in a helmet law state, but here in my neck of the woods the cops don't harass so I just keep my lips shut and roll right pass the police.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Been pulled over for the FE and blinkers by CHP. I got it signed off the next day by another CHP without making corrections. According to the CA VC, I am legal. It depends on the cop and the mood they are in.

There was an article posted in August how the CHP was targeting bikes. According to this, in a span of 4 days, 62 bikes were pulled over and 21 were not endorsed.

When 1 in 3 riders aren't even supposed to be on the rode, they are looking for everything anything to pull us over (speaking on CHP here in CA).
http://www.whittierdailynews.com/ci_10248396

Also, here is another link for the CA VC if interested....
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/calawquery?codesection=veh&codebody=

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Makes no sense to me... I think the ones that harass and leave the other "real bikers" alone are taking turns plugging their sweet spot :supergay:
HAHA! Too funny. But seriously, judging from the POLL results and your comments, I do think they are just effing w/ ME in particular...for WHATEVER reason....take your pick - budgets, boredom, dislike for street bikers, being an old codger (sp? - all three stops were by old timers).

I also want to make it clear that I don't have any dislike or disrespect for cops in general. I guess just a choice few because I truly do appreciate what they do for society...when they are actually fighting crime...protecting and serving the community. But the rest can kiss my narrow....:bootyshak while I go home and have a few...:all_cohol to take away these.... :evil3: feelings I get when they pull me over for these..... :supergay: TICKETS! Ok there.....I feel better! HAHA! Take care guys.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got 160 dollar ticket today in miami beach switching my lane faster than usual because the car stopped abruptly in front of me. The damn cop wrote on the ticket failed to drive in single lane WTF !! Cops here in Miami always go for speedbikes they literally hate us they do everything to makes us sell our bikes or something !! FTP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So yes the cops effin with us all the time here :(

1 - 20 of 38 Posts