Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a d!ck trooper rolled on me the other day for nothing other than making me adjust my license plate. But the problem is, it's a molded piece of plastic that you can't just "adjust." So I'm asking all of you creative 600rr.net members to get those wheels in your heads' turning and help me think of a way I could make this legal.

I thought about trimming down the license plate portion and adding L-brackets but I just don't think it would look that great.

My dad recommended that I heat up the place where the plastic bends and adjust it but if I fuk it up, I'm sh!t out of luck and will have to buy a new eliminator.

ANY idea appreciated even if you think it will look stupid or not work!

Here's a link to a pic - http://community.webshots.com/photo/550910915/2990958100070879767KilPJy

·
Registered
21 Posts
which kit is that??..it looks like the same kit my buddy has...I think you have the bracket for the plate mounted backwards...i wouldnt see why a kit would be made like that...i would check over your directions again and/or see if you can switch how the license plate bracket is bolted to the kit..

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
go to home depot/lowes
buy a piece of aluminum bar stock
measure off a length as wide as your plate and mark it
bend 90 degrees at the mark
measure an inch and a half to 2 inches
drill holes for the plate
on the short section drill a larger hole
mount plate and lights if you have them
attach mount to right side passenger peg.
adjust to a legal angle and tighten. it won't interfere with the hugger, is visible, and legal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
usmcr6 said:
go to home depot/lowes
buy a piece of aluminum bar stock
measure off a length as wide as your plate and mark it
bend 90 degrees at the mark
measure an inch and a half to 2 inches
drill holes for the plate
on the short section drill a larger hole
mount plate and lights if you have them
attach mount to right side passenger peg.
adjust to a legal angle and tighten. it won't interfere with the hugger, is visible, and legal.

Did you make that plate light or buy it?? I like that!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
bought it from spr engineering for around $40. WELL worth the $

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
here it is lit up at night

·
Registered
233 Posts
usmcr6 said:
here it is lit up at night

HEE HEE you blured out your numbers in the daytime pic but left them in the night time pic!! I guess since it's night no one can see it as easily : )

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
i erased the state in the nighttime pic...its a uh...different bike...yeah...

·
Registered
61 Posts
tjferris said:
HEE HEE you blured out your numbers in the daytime pic but left them in the night time pic!! I guess since it's night no one can see it as easily : )
even better... blurred the #'s but not state in the first, the state but not the #'s in the second. you're doomed now usmc!

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
if I see my bike on ebay im goin after you fookers!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
doesnt plastic become malable when heated? i would just heat it up a little and bend it down. not too much heat, dont want it to melt. its only holding the license plate so heating it isnt gonna affect it too much, unless your hittin like 150+.

unless im missing something here, thats what i would do.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Thats nice. Does it only mount on the right side or how does it mount on the left. How did u mount it to the peg, my bolt doesnt go thru all the way enough to put a nut on it?

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
I put it between the subframe and the peg. You would have to cut your battery tray some to make it mount on the left. I could route the light wires on the right side, but I had them on the left before and I was too lazy to take my tail off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts