57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a few questions about some mods that are on a bike...:

What are these things and what does it improve?:

Ignition module

Quick shift module

Euro tuned

Power commander

These are mods on a 07 zx6r. Just a basic 1 or 2 sentence summary will do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just had a few questions about some mods that are on a bike...:

What are these things and what does it improve?:

Ignition module

Quick shift module

Euro tuned

Power commander

These are mods on a 07 zx6r. Just a basic 1 or 2 sentence summary will do.
I'll give you a quick run down from my fairly limited knowledge,

Quick shift module: Fairly sure this allows you to upshift at WOT (wide open throttle) without clutch... I could be wrong on this one though.

Euro tuned: Don't know, this is a CBR forum best to ask in a ZX6R one for that I think.

Power commander: Allows modifications to the A/F ratio, i.e A tune. Its a piggy back unit onto your ECU.

Ignition module: I'd say this would be a plug in module for the Power commander allowing the ignition timing to be played with, allowing an even better tune than just a standard PC.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did search google... I just don;t want pages and pages of stuff about it. Just a summary of what it is. Like if someonese asked me "what does a custom exhaust do" id just say "look better, sound better, a little extra hp" etc

·
Registered
162 Posts
these are all mods that a "street" rider thinks will make their bike faster.
To true Nutty! Heck, put me on a S1000RR and see if it will make me any faster...
Don't think so... unless off-coarse I am racing... On a race track with the correct skill-set...
Most riders are way slower than their equipment.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So they do or don't make the bike faster? lol. I remember reading papers that zx6rs in the US are wayyyy babied down or something and "euro tuning" opens their real potential up a bit. I guess Euro comes from european standard?

·
Registered
24 Posts
So they do or don't make the bike faster? lol. I remember reading papers that zx6rs in the US are wayyyy babied down or something and "euro tuning" opens their real potential up a bit. I guess Euro comes from european standard?
What the fella's are saying is, while yes the mods may/do (with a proper tune) give the bike the potential to go faster, Its the rider that actually determines how fast the bike goes around the track and as most riders don't ride their bikes to their potential in stock form, these mods could be considered unnecessary.

Although if your looking at a 2nd hand bike with the mods already installed/bought by the previous owner then they can only be considered a positive addition to the bike. Well unless you take in consideration that the bike may have seen a lot of 'track days' or been thrashed, but that's for you to decide after seeing/riding the bike.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts