Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, in a couple of weeks I could be taking delivery of a 2011 CBR600RR. I haven't paid for it yet, it will be cash on delivery. I want to go and look at it before I confirm, but I do not know what things to look for.
According to the seller, it is new, no miles on the clock. I want to be sure that it is a genuine product, and not some copy. How to tell? The seller states it comes with manual, certificate, tools.

Assuming it is genuine, I have some further questions.
How does the bike stand up against wind (while parked)? We occasionally have typhoons here, and while that has not been a problem for my previous bikes, they weren't on kickstands.

Breaking in. How? I see so much conflicting advice on the internet regarding this matter. Clarification would be awesome.

Can the rear seat be covered? I have seen bikes with this feature and I like it. I don't enjoy riding with a pillion very much, they always move and upset the balance of the bike. With this I could simply say, sorry, only have one seat.

I think that's about it for now. Thanks for any input guys.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
I've never had issues with the wind blowing my bike over, then again we don't have typhoons in the midwest United States and my bile is always garaged when I'm not riding it.

You can get a seat cowl to replace the rear seat.

For breaking in, you can follow the manuals recommendation or you can ride the piss out of it, either way follow the first oil change interval
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Garage your bike!

no motorcycle should be left out in a typhoon.

you can buy OE or ebay rear seat cowls.

where is the road/region where they are having the redbull base jumping competition? the roads i see in the background are way twisty, and look like marvelous riding !

ps...Hard to imagine that there would be copies of complete cbr600's......?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, good to know I can hide the rear seat.

The bike will be in a garage when I am at home, but when I am at work it will have to stay outside.

ps...Hard to imagine that there would be copies of complete cbr600's......?
I have to ask, this is China. So much fake stuff here. Even the fakes have fakes. The photos I have seen look legit, and I'll be heading to the city to check it out for myself soon.

·
Registered
236 Posts
白俊成;6963466 said:
So much fake stuff here. Even the fakes have fakes.
Hahaha that's funny. I still can't imagine a a complete fake motorcycle though. wouldn't you know the moment you start it and drive half a mile.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Um while a typhoon will send it flying lol

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Hello Bai Jun,
if they will alow you,and you are good with tools.......

Look for Honda part #s on everything ....a lot of the plastics have "stanley" part #s on the insides of the moldings...

post then OTF and we may be able to help you make sure you are not getting faked....or a Japan spec/restricted model...BKK had a lot of reconstructed bikes from salvage parts out of Japan.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts