Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm having issues with my 07 CBR600rr. I'm going to try to explain in as much detail as I can.

Bike was running fine until Sunday. The only thing I have done differently that day, right before the ride, was that I got a copy of the key made and I put it in the ignition. I did not even turn the bike on.

30 minutes into my ride, when I would shift down from 3rd to 2nd, the FI and HESD would come on and the RPM would stay low even if I give it some throttle. I would have to shift down and back up and it'll run normal again. It happened 3 times but it wasn't consistent.

After the 3rd time that happened, I was shifting down from 3rd to 2nd coming to a stop, the lights came on again but this time my engine shuts off. I would have to turn off the bike to turn it back on again. It happened again that same ride when I was coming out of a ramp going from 2nd to 3rd gear.

I took the bike out yesterday and it does the same thing. The bike just turns off sometimes when I shift from 3rd to 2nd gear or from 2nd to 3rd gear. It happens more when I shift down than shifting up.

I'm not mechanically inclined but a few of my friends are, so they can help me fix the problem once we can figure out what is causing this.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
FI light should blink in a code of long and short pulses....or you can ask the bike to tell you what code is bothering it.

you need a shop manual at this point....

Any mods to bike ...or completely stock?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts